Career Opportunities at World Bank Group
Career Opportunities at World Bank Group,
Career Opportunities at World Bank Group
Jobs in Banking, Financial Services, Jobs at World Bank Group
The World Bank Group (WBG) is a family of five international organizations that make leveraged loans to developing countries. It is the largest and most famous development bank in the world and is an observer at the United Nations Development Group.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 – 10 years
- Job FieldProject Management
SCOPE OF WORK
- IFC is seeking a project coordinator, based in Kenya, to coordinate the ongoing implementation of IFC’s Sourcing2Equal Kenya project, working closely with IFC client companies, IFC industry and gender teams, and the project Task Team Leader (TTL), to ensure a successful implementation of the project.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Specific duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Program Delivery and Relationship Management (40%)
- Serve as a point of contact for the S2E Kenya project.
- Lead the establishment and maintain partner and client relationships, including internal and external stakeholders, thematic experts, and other consultants.
- Build and maintain partnerships to implement the project including but not limited to industry associations, development partners and private sector partners.
- In line with above bullet, lead the development of partnerships agreements including co-delivery agreements to support successful project implementation.
- Coordinate across IFC departments to effectively implement the project (e.g., Gender, Industry Investment and Operations Officers, ESG, Communications, Finance, Management, etc.).
- Prepare client deliverables that include analysis, training materials, best practice guides, standards, and papers or presentations containing recommendations to improve client performance on gender.
- Identify Buyer learning needs on gender-inclusive sourcing, and plan and convene peer learning sessions accordingly.
- Identify and coordinate inputs and contributions of thematic experts; represent the views of the Buyers participating in the PLP. Participate as an active team member in project strategy-related and operational work. Provide support, advice and inputs for the design and delivery of well-structured project interventions, including peer learning events, WSME training programs, buyer-supplier match-making events, etc., including event logistics and administration as needed. Conduct research and data analysis on different aspects of the project as needed.
Communications and Knowledge Management (40%)
- Conceptualize IFC led events, especially capacity building activities for WSMEs, and identify opportunities to collaborate with partners to build the project’s profile and reach program objectives.
- Coordinate all project communication activities with S2E Kenya TTL, Regional Gender Lead and Communications teams (e.g., high-quality case studies, blogs, social media campaigns, etc.).Lead the development of new and maintain updated project communication collateral (i.e., content for website, project brochures, power point presentations, etc.).
- Develop a proactive communications and stakeholder engagement plan to raise the profile of the program in the country and beyond including development of high-quality case studies, blogs, social media campaigns, stakeholder engagement events and presentations.
- Lead the development of content for learning events on topics of priority to participating Buyers. Content development entails reviewing IFC materials and external research, drafting content, updating materials with feedback from IFC and external experts as necessary, piloting materials, integrating learnings into materials, and finalizing materials for use in subsequent learning events.
- Develop onboarding materials, presentations, and other materials on gender-inclusive sourcing, including articles, blog posts, etc.
- Document results and lessons learned and support their dissemination.
- Other knowledge management activities, as needed.
Project Management (20%)
- Coordinate and run bi-weekly project meetings with Sourcing2Equal Kenya team and more frequent meetings with Sourcing2Equal Program Manager (as needed).
- Develop and maintain project work plan with timelines and deliverables across all project components; keep project leads updated in weekly meetings.
- Draft project documents (e.g., commitment letters, legal agreements, terms of references for other consultant/s and firms that may be hired during project implementation).
- Conduct company IDDs as needed.
- Manage project budgets and track project.
- Manage project reporting in line with the requirements of IFC’s advisory systems, corresponding donors, or partners, including monitoring, measuring and reporting on project results (outputs, outcomes, impact) according to the project monitoring and evaluation plan using IFC reporting systems (iPortal, track performance indicators against targets, and produce semi-annual project supervision reports).
- Perform other duties and take on other responsibilities as required by the project team, including the identification of new funding opportunities.
- Based on the consultant’s expertise, interest and client demand, responsibilities may be added and/or the number of days allocated above to each area may be re-allocated as necessary.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Education: Master’s degree in business or finance, economics or international development or other relevant disciplines. Specific studies or certifications in project management would be an advantage.
Experience and Functional Competencies:
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of relevant work experience, preferably with at least 5 years in international development consulting, or advisory/technical assistance with private sector clients.
- Demonstrated project management skills with proven track record of successfully managing a public or private sector project life cycle from end-to-end.
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges women business owners face in accessing new markets and how to overcome these.
- Proven ability to support execution and delivery of tasks against tight timelines.
- Ability to manage fast-moving projects while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written, editorial, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills.
- Virtual and in-person event management skills.
- Ability to travel inside Kenya.
- Experience collaborating with high-level private sector stakeholders on sensitive or confidential topics.
- Experience working with gender and private sector in Kenya in a client-facing position.
- Subject matter expertise in supplier diversity and inclusion will be highly valued. Subject matter knowledge in supply chain sustainability, supply chain risk, corporate sustainability programs, supply chain financing, and/or CSR/sustainability operations.
- Knowledge of the World Bank/IFC project management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and proactively with internal and external partners in a multicultural and virtual environment.
- Strong team player with a collaborative and hands on approach.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with varying needs and commitments.
- Comfortable with client and partner interaction and interest in building relationships.
- Positive attitude and dedication to excellence and professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and consistent with delivery.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
LOCATION, DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT AND REPORTING DUTIES The selected candidate is to be based in Kenya. The assignment will initially be for 150 days from October 2023 to June 2024, with possibility to extend the contract on an annual basis.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max. 1 page) to email@example.com by September 21st at 23:59 ET.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldConsultancy , Data, Business Analysis and AI
- CES together with the FCS Africa team are seeking an analyst that can support quantitative and qualitative contextual risk and conflict analysis that helps to inform country strategies, diagnostics, assessments, as well as project operations. The analyst will support the Conflict and Fragility Specialist in preparing annual global index data sets, as well as qualitative and quantitative analysis outputs for different publications and audiences with a focus on risk identification for private sector industries in FCS markets, and implications for ESG implementation.
scope of work
Provide support the contextual risk workstream of CES and FCS Africa teams on data and analysis tasks:
- Compile quantitative data and conduct analysis, with a focus on FCS contexts
- Produce country and sectoral research to support contextual risk country repository and inputs to knowledge, diagnostic and strategy documents
- Support Contextual Risk Good Practice Note public consultation and finalization process
- Update contextual risk index and contribute to methodology development and systematization of data collection for regularized updates, and application into other internal products
- Provide additional support to the contextual risk work program as required
The contract will be for 120 days through June 30, 2024. Location of the consultant is flexible, but will be expected to have some crossover with both Nairobi and D.C. time zones.
- Familiarity with quantitative data for ESG analysis and contextual risk indices, key attention to detail, advanced skills in excel. Ability to write macros an advantage. Knowledge of social sciences research methods and ability to produce high quality written ESG research using credible qualitative and quantitative data sources.
Experience (Number of years required):
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in data analysis and social sciences research, including ability to undertake complex research on country risks. A good understanding of IFC Performance Standards is preferred. Experience in analyzing contextual risk, fragility and conflict trends in FCS markets, particularly in Africa countries.
- English (required)
Method of Application
Use the emails(s) below to apply