Teacher Internships/Teachers in Practice (Tatu Day School) at Nova Pioneer,
Teacher Internships/Teachers in Practice (Tatu Day School) at Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer Education Group is a Pan-African independent school network offering preschool through secondary education for students from ages 3 through 19. We prepare the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills. We established Nova Pioneer because we believe education should …
Teacher Internships/Teachers in Practice (Tatu Day School)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan and execute appropriate activities for the children each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games.
- Prepare materials, classrooms, and other indoor and outdoor spaces to facilitate creative play, learning and motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep records/reports of the children’s progress and development.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You are currently enrolled or have completed a teacher training course – Bachelor of Education, Primary Teacher Education, ECDE, etc.
- You have strong recommendations from your high school, teacher training institution and/or an educational institution you have worked with.
- You aspire to join Nova Pioneer as an employee when the opportunity arises.
- You have a passion for children.
- You have good working skills with technology such as G-Suite, Zoom, Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organisational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- You have a desire to further develop your leadership skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth