Communications Internships Opportunities At PSI
Communications Internships At PSI
Communications Intern, A360
PSI Global Services Hub, Nairobi, Kenya
Based in Nairobi, Kenya
Work From Almost Anywhere Status = Not Eligible
Who we are
PSI is a network of locally rooted, globally connected organizations working to achieve consumer-powered healthcare — people-centered health systems that ensure quality, affordable care wherever and whenever it is needed. Our origins in sexual and reproductive health have grown into a broader mission. Today, we work with the public and private sectors as well as local communities, prioritizing people’s voice and choice and developing solutions to meet their essential health needs. Over the past five decades, we have helped push boundaries, break taboos, set trends, and develop innovative solutions to complex global health challenges.
The Adolescents 360 (A360), PSI’s flagship project is a 5-year investment funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) that implements across Nigeria, Ethiopia, and Kenya. A360 has partnered with young people and government health systems to design, pilot and scale adolescent sexual and reproductive health (ASRH) interventions which position contraception as a tool to achieving girls’ self-defined goals. It operates across Ethiopia, Kenya and Nigeria. During the first phase of the project, A360 supported over 420,000 adolescent girls in adopting modern contraception.
PSI is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic intern to join the A360 team for a 3-month internship with possibility of extension to 6 months. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience and contribute to supporting the execution of A360’s communications strategy, social media strategy, managing organizations prioritized social media channels – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. This internship will provide exposure to Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health interventions and offer a supportive learning environment for professional development.
Under the guidance and leadership from the assigned supervisor, the program intern will:
- Support in managing A360’s social media channels and social media campaigns- [40% of the time]
- Support in providing support to A360’s technical leads to package project’s technical learnings into external communications materials. [10% of the time]
- Support in digital asset management [10% of the time]
- Support in photo, video and audio editing [30% of the time]
- Perform other tasks as shall be assigned that will contribute towards the communication intern’s learning journey-[10% of time]
What are we looking for?
- Completion of a university or similar educational programme in Communication, Journalism, Information Studies, Media Studies, Social Science, International development or any related field.
- Interest in the field of development especially related to communication and branding.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English.
- Strong communications skills: excellent listening skills and empathy, ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, adobe and other related software.
- Demonstrable experience in media communications including social media is an asset.
- Prior experience in the social development sector including non-government organizations, government development agencies either via assignments or other internships, is an asset.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and to establish and maintain good working relations with individuals of different cultural backgrounds.
- Gain practical experience and develop skills in project communication.
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals.
- Networking opportunities within the company.
- Potential for future growth and career advancement based on performance.
All applicants must be physically located in Kenya with permission to work in Kenya.
Applications are currently accepted on a rolling basis.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status. #LI-LM1 #LI-Onsite