Human Resources and Administration Manager At Green Belt Movement
Human Resources and Administration Manager At Green Belt Movement
The Greenbelt Movement is in an exciting growth phase, expanding its work in Kenya and increasing its influence across Africa. GBM seeks a full-time Human Resources and Administration Manager. Based in Nairobi, he/she will report to the Executive Director.
The Manager will be a human resources generalist who, working with the senior leadership team, will be responsible for delivering innovative and strategic people solutions. He/she will act as an employee champion and change agent through anticipation of human resources-related needs and formulating strategies to deliver value added services to management and employees that reflect the objectives of the organization.
The manager will also be responsible for the administrative functions of the organization, including supervising procurement and other general support staff. The manager will uphold and exemplify The Greenbelt Movement, its vision, mission, values and objectives.
- Initiate transparent and competitive recruitment and selection processes (from the review of job descriptions to the screening of candidates) as well as ensuring the timely management of the process.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection processes in line with corporate guidelines and policies, leading to the timely sourcing, selection and placement of the required talent.
- Provide advice on effective succession management and workforce planning through timely and accurate projection of vacancies and staffing requirements
- Provide advice on the performance management and development process and regularly monitor completion rates, providing updates to senior management.
- Work with head of departments to develop and or update key performance indicators and ensure timely appraisals are done
- Facilitating trainings to embrace a performance management culture in the organization.
Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provide advice and support to managers and staff on human resources related matters.
Advocate for the best application of HR practices, staffing, development, and organizational planning and design.
- Advise management on the legal and other implications resulting from HR related decisions.
- Keep records and compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act and internal policies and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Participate and/or lead special human resources projects.
Compensation and Benefits
- Ensure the adequacy of employee benefits and compliance with the same
- Lead in carrying out regular salary surveys to ensure the organization remains competitive or as guided by HQ
Staff Development and Career Support
- Identify and analyse staff development and career support needs and design programs to meet identified needs.
- Prepare monitoring reports on staff development and career support programmes,
- Provide advice on mobility and career development to staff.
- Work closely with line managers to assesses training needs and identify training programs for staff at all levels throughout the organization
General HR & Admin operations
- Maintaining employee files by making sure all personnel files have the necessary documents-contracts, personal information form, performance appraisals, statutory documents, academic certificates, CVs etc
- Maintaining records on contract expiry dates and flagging contracts that are due to expire. Ensure all staff have valid contracts
- Monitors annual leave, R&R and sick leave entitlements for all staff. Works with all supervisors to ensure that they have a leave plan in place for their teams.
- Put in place initiatives to promote and preserve the culture of the organisation by providing advice and guidance on general matters concerning employees
- Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to by all the staff members
- Take charge of day to day ad hoc administrative work in the department and perform other duties as assigned
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Prepare reports to the line Manager and Board requirements
- Support the organization with organizational design processes.
- Assist with planning, formulation and implementation of an effective HR strategy aligned to overall GBM strategy
- Provide strategic guidance and coaching to guide senior management on varied HR matters
- Degree in human resources management, business administration or higher diploma in similar field
Membership with IHRM or relevant professional body preferred.
- At least five years’ working experience in a similar role, preferably with an international or local NGO and good knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Excellent experience in and knowledge of labour laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and best practices.
- Proactive approach to work and good self-motivation
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to deal with people from different cultures.
- Demonstrated commitment to respect, equity, diversity, and inclusion including gender equality.
- Ability to deal authoritatively with a range of partners.
- A strategic thinker with strong leadership capabilities, highly motivated, committed and goal orientated.
- Ability to work flexibly and to adapt to changing demands and circumstances.
- Ability to travel locally and, occasionally, within the region.
- Be a citizen of Kenya or have authorization to work in Kenya
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted via email email@example.com on or before Friday 26th January 2024 with ‘Human Resources and Administration Manager Application’ as the subject line.
Applications must include: 1) a motivation letter that indicates: a) why you are interested in this position and what inspires you to join Green Belt Movement; and b) aspects of your background that demonstrate the required competence for this role. 2) A detailed CV with 3 references.
Please ensure that your application as a whole speaks to the required qualifications, experience, personal profile and key roles and responsibilities. Please do not apply if you do not meet the required experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
By submitting your application, you confirm that the submitted information is true and authorize the use your personal data, to further process your engagement for lawful purposes related to the organization’s vision
Disclaimer: Please note that we do not charge any fees at any stage of our recruitment process. Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates who qualify for the next recruitment stage will be contacted.