Job Opportunities at Jubilee Insurance
Project management jobs, Actuarial Science jobs, Statistics jobs, Computer science jobs, Information Systems jobs,
Senior Manager – Actuarial
- The role provides actuarial modelling and reporting in IFRS17 financial reporting, product development & profit -testing, solvency, management reporting and regulatory compliance. The role holder will also play a crucial role in analyzing and assessing the financial risks associated with the life insurance products while working closely with a team of actuaries and other professionals to develop, implement, and manage actuarial models, methodologies, and processes.
- Actuarial reporting for financial & regulatory compliance. This will include actuarial reserving, IFRS17 modelling, Financial Condition Reporting, Solvency and Risk Based Capital reports
- Product Development: –
- Pricing, profit-testing, system set-up
- Development of policy documents for new products
- Developing illustrations for new products
- Ongoing profitability monitoring of the product
• Scenario & sensitivity testing
- Actuarial experience analyses including mortality investigations; persistency; expenses; investment returns; analysis of reserves & surplus. Conduct in-depth analysis of life insurance products, including pricing, reserving, and valuation. Evaluate policyholder behavior and mortality/morbidity experience to provide accurate actuarial assessments.
- Value of new business, embedded value & Asset Liability Management valuations
- Projections and Budgeting: Projected actuarial reporting for financial statements & strategic planning
- Actuarial risk technical modelling and use of internal models. Build and enhance actuarial models and methodologies to support pricing, reserving, and risk analysis. Stay updated with the latest actuarial techniques and industry best practices.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to enhance actuarial processes, methodologies, and systems. Drive efficiency and automation initiatives to streamline actuarial operations.
- Team Management: Lead a team of actuaries and actuarial analysts, providing guidance, coaching, and technical expertise. Foster a collaborative work environment and promote professional development within the team.
- Stakeholder Communication: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including underwriting, finance, and product development, to provide actuarial insights and support business decisions. Communicate complex actuarial concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time in line with your role.
- Leadership & project management skills
- Accountability for results
- Diligence and accuracy
- Continuous innovation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent actuarial judgement skills
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or any other related field.
- Professional actuarial exam s (nearly qualified actuary under IFOA/SOA or equivalent)
- IFRS17 and actuarial technical aptitude
- Actuarial modelling and software skills
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ relevant experience, two of which are in a supervisory role
System Analyst – Pension
- Provide development and ongoing software support and issue resolution using Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, and Developer Oracle Application Express (APEX).
- Develop and support DA interfaces, C2B and B2C portals and third-party integrations.
- Partner with other business areas within Jubilee to understand application requirements and develop programming specifications for development.
- Build a standards-driven, scalable, secure, and dynamic portal for the information delivery of specific based applications.
- Capture, log, and track applications issues and develop resolutions in the specified timeframes. This includes liaising with system vendors if the system is vendor supported.
- Develop enhancements, resolve issues, coordinate testing of statement releases and oversee regular production efforts including data extracts, data imports and printing.
- Conduct new functionality and regression tests, determine and report issues for follow-up.
- Participates in creating new products and services where technology is concerned.
- Contributing to smooth business operations.
- Working on identifying the project risk and planning mitigation action with any project manager at the project level.
- Reporting for all the weekly tasks in the form of accurate and detailed reports.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the section team lead and applications heads.
- Project management
- Information and knowledge management
- Operations and service management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or other related technical degree
- OCA – Oracle Certified Associate in PL/SQL
- APEX Version 19 and specific experience with insurance industries.
- Reporting Technologies e.g., Oracle BI & Analytics
- 3 years minimum hands-on experience in technology and business fields in Oracle 12c & 19c.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, unit test, and deploy Oracle apps using Oracle tools such as Oracle PL/SQL, Reports, Workflow, WebLogic, and Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- Strong knowledge of Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes using UNIX shell scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, and SQL Loader.
- Expert in using tools such as TOAD, SQL Navigator & SQL Plus.
- Experience in query optimization, performance, and tuning (PL/SQL).
- Working knowledge of Web Logic, Apache, PHP / MySQL programming.
- Implement governance and project management standards across the assigned projects portfolio, including tracking, monitoring, and updating the status of program deliverables.
- Prepare project reports and distribute periodic project portfolio level reports to the relevant stakeholders both at project level and management level.
- Facilitate and/or contribute to post implementation reviews, identify lessons learned and manage program-level lessons learned repository, including dissemination of lessons learned to project teams.
- To actively monitor and track project schedules, risk, and issues, providing regular updates to key stakeholders to maintain focus on key risks and issues and ensure timely intervention with appropriate mitigations.
- Co-ordinate and contribute to assurance and quality review processes relating to assigned projects through the company audit and compliance functions.
- Support implementation of the quality strategy, including any processes and templates, across all assigned projects and coordinate quality activities to meet quality objectives.
- Manage the portfolio-level benefits register, ensuring that all benefits are planned, monitored and benefits realization is tracked on assigned projects.
- To manage the central information repository for all assigned projects ensuring all project documentations are complete and up to date. Be the single point of truth on all project information on assigned projects.
- To provide administrative coordination support to individual project teams as required to ensure that project targets are achieved including facilitating effective change management.
- To perform any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by management.
Key Focus Areas:
Project Governance & Best Practice:
- Responsible for the implementation of the project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation, and reporting which fits the needs of the project and puts emphasis on the 4 project constraints: Time, Quality, Budget & Scope.
- Managing processes supporting the project steering committee, streamlining communications to project owners and project sponsors, and empowering the committee to engage in meaningful and efficient discussions of priorities and resource availability.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
- Act as an advocate for best practices in project management and ensuring adherence to project discipline.
- Share lessons learned and best practices across programs, building relationships with stakeholders both external and internal.
Project Management Strategy & Execution:
- Contributes to the formulation of project business cases and other critical project documentation including facilitating approval in line with the strategic goals and objectives of Jubilee Holdings Ltd.
- Conduct resource planning and demand management to inform prioritization and delivery roadmap of the defined projects efficiently.
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all assigned projects.
- Monitor Project overhead and capital expenses to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and acting to correct any adverse variances.
- Provide leadership as Project Manager for assigned projects and moderate all project meetings to ensure the agenda is objective towards ensuring seamless delivery of the project.
- Ensures familiarity and compliance with all Jubilee Insurance policies and processes at all stages of the project lifecycle.
Project Management Support & Guidance:
- Assist and advise project owners, other project managers / coordinators, and teams on the best use of project management disciplines, tools, and approaches within a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
- Develop positive relationships with project owners, project managers, and teams to enable the Project Management Office to provide support including facilitation, tracking, and reporting on projects, and training.
- Support change management efforts by advising on interventions and adjustments based on emerging business or technical opportunities and challenges from the project.
- Support capacity building efforts through coaching and mentoring project members on project management best practices for optimal delivery in projects.
- Assist and contribute to development and continuous improvement of the Project Management Office framework based on industry growth and new trends.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- Ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups and communicate effectively.
- Strong relationship building, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in managing cross company and cross-country projects.
- Successful delivery of complex technology and digital projects.
- Understanding of project delivery and acceptance processes within a fast-paced business environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, IT, or any other related field
- Relevant Project management certification – PMP / PRINCE 2
- Detailed understanding of business process management principles and best practices
- Experienced user of MS Office toolset (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Technical business analysis and data analysis skills
At least 3+ years of experience in a similar role mainly in the financial sector.