Assistant Manager, Media Relations & Reputation Management at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Assistant Manager, Media Relations & Reputation Management
Key responsibilities/Tasks/ Duties
- Assist in preparing articles and press releases, communication kits for the media.
- Provide effective and timely responses to public information inquiries from the media;
- Support and participate in activities to promote media coverage (press conferences, interviews, press seminars and other media engagement activities) of priority issues and major Authority’s events, including development of media strategies and action plans, and initiating proactive media outreach efforts.
- Develop and sustain partnerships with internal and external partners for successful development and execution of Authority’s media strategy
- Monitor the media in collaboration with the Media Monitoring Agency, analyse information and prepare reports in order to track outreach, engagement and growth of media coverage of the Authority
- Media visibility. Achieve highest visibility for in print, broadcast TV and online media outlets.
- Organize effective, well attended and informative media briefings.
- Develop of a Crisis Communication Plan; for use by KRA together with Crisis Management Plan in incidents of Crisis;
- Prepare budgets for Media related/publicity activities or initiatives;
- Facilitate intelligence gathering on potential negative publicity likely to injure KRA’s reputation;
- Facilitate strategy & planning meetings with KRA’s Media Agencies;
- Supervision of staff in the Media Relations Team
- Address any public relations issues as they emerge.
- A university degree in Marketing Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field from a recognized institution
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK), Marketing Society of Kenya, Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) or Media Council of Kenya.
Previous relevant work experience required
- The job holder is to possess 3-4 years’ experience in communication; two of which should be in a newsroom set-up with proof of published articles in print media.
- Demonstrable hands on experience in reputation management
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creativity – Ability to develop/innovate new techniques.
- Presentation skills – Excellent written and oral skills.
- Organizational/Prioritization – Ability to balance multiple projects and demands.
- Motivated and Self-starter – Can motivate subordinates to take voluntary initiative
- Excellent editing skills
- Team Player