Assistant Sales Manager Job at Sanergy
Assistant Sales Manager Job at Sanergy,
Assistant Sales Manager Job at Sanergy
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high…
Assistant Sales Manager
About the Role
The Assistant Sales Manager, in collaboration with our Sales and Marketing Team, will offer Fresh Life Operators technical support to ensure they get accurate information and other reports as may be required. He/she will be fully responsible for Customer vetting in their assigned territory. The Assistant Manager is also responsible for coaching and supervising the Supervisors and the Sales Associates, as well as providing leadership toward the achievement of sales goals and strategy. To collaborate with both external and internal stakeholders to unlock sales and ensure smooth processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet established sales targets, goals, and quotas.
- Manage sales data quality; streamlining processes and systems wherever possible.
- Monitor the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports and cyclical sales cycles and meetings.
- Personally monitor the performance of both Sales Supervisors and Sales Associates in the field on a regular basis.
- Execute strategies to expand the customer base in all assigned sales areas.
- Execute action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Provide accurate forecasts and reports on activity and sales performance.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of sales materials.
- Ensure a high rate of retention of all successfully launched FL toilets within the assigned areas.
Credit management (Support)
- Come up with a strategic plan on supporting all teams involved in collections with a focus on Fee For Service collections in collaboration with the Credit management team.
- Train team members on conducting due diligence by assessing the customers’ assets, creditworthiness by way of customer vetting.
- Using trends derived from the analysis, work with collaborators in making informed business decisions
- Preparation and presentation of reports to the General Manager on a weekly basis.
- Liaising with the Credit management team and other relevant departments to ensure we have a sound system for managing data and ensuring all customers are correctly captured and served.
- Promote organization goals and values among the Sales team.
- Manage sales team (within given territory or customer type) to ensure satisfaction and successful sales.
- Lead recruitment and selection of Sales Associates for given territory or customer type and/or product type.
- Conduct regular training, coaching, and motivation of DRs to ensure the team is motivated and have the necessary selling and value proposition skills.
- Generate necessary reports that will provide support to the sales team and provide a good understanding of the sales pipeline.
- Performance management and appraisal for respective DRs; set individual sales targets, and administer the commission plan.
- Make induction schedules for new team members and lead subsequent onboarding.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Liaise with the General Manager on projects related to Sales.
- Actively participate in sales-related task forces and project groups.
- Any other duty may be assigned by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Number of sales made compared to the sales targets.
- Percentage of sales team members meeting sales targets.
- Percentage of quality sales as evidenced by referrals and add-ons.
- Efficient tracking of referrals and add-ons from existing networks (franchisees and staff).
Staff Supervision Responsibilities
- Sales Supervisors.
- Sales Associates
- Manager other collaborators indirectly.
- Bachelor of Commerce or a business-related degree from a recognized university
- Sales Management Experience in small, medium, or large MFI or social enterprises having managed a portfolio of at least 200 customers and Kshs. 5 Million
- Proven experience and knowledge of Sales management and evaluation
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Good financial analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills (oral/written in English & Swahili
- Debt Management skills and/or experience.
- A team player with great presentation skills.
- Physical demands – Ability to work and walk for long hours in the informal sector.