Campaign Lead, Shift Job at Save the Children
Save the Children
Campaign Lead, Shift Job at Save the Children,
Campaign Lead, Shift Job at Save the Children
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
Campaign Lead, Shift
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
You are the ultimate ‘Fun Adult’ in Africa. A ‘Fun Adult’ is a leader and mentor of Shift projects, and your role will be to support all of our Fun Adults (SCI Staff) across Africa to better support young activists to influence the world around them.
You’re pobably someone with experience working with adolescents or youth to influence change through creative activism or governance programming. You know the attributes of a good mentor and know how to develop these attributes in others. You are probably creative yourself and understand how to use creative arts and media to influence society. And you understand how to co-create with young people to empower them to lead. For you, it’s more than just a job. You love getting up in the morning to help young people make their world better. You probably also have a great music and film collection.
If you see yourself in the statements below, introduce yourself to us. Go for it!
I am a Facilitator
- You have experience co-creating solutions, especially with young people.
- You will learn our Shift methodology; help people across Africa localise it and teach our methods across a wide range of cultural contexts.
- You will help each country develop co-design workshops and may even help co-facilitate or at least be on hand to ensure that our planning sessions with young people are a wonderful experience for all involved.
I am a campaigner or activist
- You will understand how to campaign and why campaigning can be an effective way to influence positive change.
- You will understand the different platforms and tactics that can be used to reach and influence target audiences across Africa. You will be able to work with Shift project leads to brainstorm campaign strategies with youth, in line with the platforms available.
- You will be creative and understand how to surround Shifter’s with creative people who can take their campaigns to the next level through music, film, art and other multimedia.
- You will understand how to measure impact and show how campaigns have shifted the needle towards progress, as well as how Shift itself has influenced participants.
I am a networker
- You will have experience in relationship management and will develop positive and effective relationships with Shift leaders across all countries.
- Those leaders will feel supported by you to lead their projects and will reach out to you on a regular basis for support or to access others within the global support team.
- You won’t lead projects yourself, but you will be critical to a country team’s success. Our country teams will love working with you and will feel supportive throughout their implementation period.
- You know how to develop networks and will look to build partnerships around Shift, providing our teams and ultimately youth themselves with more chances for success.
- You will understand how creatives and creative agencies work from brief and production to execution.
I am a motivator
- You will motivate Shift country leads and provide advice to them on how to maintain the motivation of young people leading change through Shift projects.
- You will be a natural motivator, an expert in facilitation and will inspire people with your spirit of positively and passion for positive change.
I am a storyteller
- You will look for positive stories to tell across the continent and will capture these stories through writing and multimedia, to be used on Shift’s digital channels.
- You will support countries developing their own storytelling content, including youth-led impact films.
- You will monitor the progress of all Shift projects across Africa and will keep the global team informed on this progress.
I am an Innovator
- You respect lessons from the past, but also have a healthy appetite to try things and do things differently to reach a better outcome.
- You’re a self-starter and bring your ideas and energy into new situations. You surprise your boss with things they would never have come up with, and they love you for it.
- You realise that your job isn’t always to have the answer, but to provide the right kind of environment where others do.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Shift and Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Understands the arts and how it can be successfully integrated into influence strategies
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- BA or Equivalent in Media, Communications, Arts, Marketing, Creative, Political Science, Economics, Education or similar.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experienced campaigner/activist who can demonstrate a track record deploying successful, multifaceted strategies
- Experience campaigning with adolescents and youth via co-creation/consultation. Finger on the pulse of how to maximise engagement during face to face as well as online workshops.
- Experience in public mobilization, organising, campaigning, communications and social activism.
- Experience in developing visual campaign impact reports, especially monitoring social media analytics
- Experience working with child/youth-led initiatives for change.
- Experience working across cultures
- Experienced innovator
- Experience working with creatives to develop ‘big ideas’ that underpin campaign