Chief Analyst at Save the Children
Save the Children
Chief Analyst at Save the Children,
Chief Analyst at Save the Children
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Jobs at Save the Children
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
Overall lead for Save the Children’s Humanitarian Information, Data and Analysis team. This includes leadership of the Context Analysis and Foresight Unit (CAFU) through direct management of two global analysts and the networked management and coordination of a team of regional, country, and ‘surge’ analysts. The CAFU team delivers high quality and insightful analyses. CAFU also provides methodological support to Country, National and Regional teams on analytical tools and techniques (e.g., scenario building and planning) and thought leadership on key humanitarian issues, contributions that are essential to the delivery of Save the Children’s humanitarian strategy.
In addition, the Chief Analyst is responsible for the strategic direction and workplan implementation of Save the Children’s Humanitarian data team. This team is responsible for the systematic collection, collation, review and dissemination of humanitarian data, both to accurately capture humanitarian needs and trends, and adequately document the humanitarian work we are implementing to inform resource allocation and decision-making.
Jointly, under the Chief Analyst’s leadership, CAFU Analysts and the Humanitarian data team provide Save the Children’s movement with a wide range of products building upon both external and internal data and insights to ensure that our humanitarian work is data-informed and context-specific, allowing for pro-active and strategic decisions.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Higher level education degree, Masters or above, in a relevant field
- Record of research, peer reviewed publications and writing on humanitarian and development issues
- Good knowledge of analytical methodologies, approaches and tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- At least 5-7 years direct experience working at country or regional level humanitarian and development structures
- Superiour ability to work across a network of internal and external stakeholders to build a common vision and coordinate actions
- Demonstrated experience mobilizing resources for humanitarian or development programming, including developing concept notes to full proposals
- Excels at project management, including establishing systems and processes to promote consistent implementation and timeline follow-up to deliver in scope, on time, and within budget
- Experience managing staff and teams to drive high performance and results, while fostering a supportive and positive remote work environment
- Wide experience and comfort in external representation and strategic collaboration with partners, institutional and private donors, as well as international multilateral organizations
- Significant ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt work plans depending on external opportunities; ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple demands while maintaining high-quality standards
- Demonstrated commitment to the Save the Children mission and values
- Fluent spoken and written English
How to apply
To apply for this job please visit www.myjobmag.co.ke.