County Programme Manager Job at Concern Worldwide
County Programme Manager Job at Concern Worldwide,
County Programme Manager Job at Concern Worldwide
We are an international humanitarian organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries. Concern Worldwide began working in Kenya in May 2002 with the development of an urban programme in Nairobi. Our work expanded into a multi-sectoral programme focusing on urban and rural livelihoods, primary education, HIV and …
County Programme Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Programme Development & Implementation:
- Oversee Concern programme implementation across Turkana County in line with programme work plans.
- Responsible for timely and quality programme implementation, reporting, and monitoring using a Results Based Management approach
- Lead the integration of program activities to create coherent and complimentary programming with the focus to ensure the delivery of high quality program implementation.
- In close collaboration with relevant Sector Leads and line manager, lead the field-based teams in the development of new programming ideas and initiatives for the Turkana county programme in accordance with the country strategic plan 2022-2026.
- Participate in the development of budgets for programme proposals.
- Support in identification, assessment, onboarding and management of local implementing partners
- Support in the management of the Turkana field office to ensure that the Systems department (Logistics, Administration, HR and Finance) are responsive to the needs of the programme and best practices;
- Ensuring Turkana County Programme staff, visiting staff, consultants and suppliers engaged by Concern in Turkana are aware of and adhere to the Country Security Management Plan.
- Lead in the identification of Turkana County Programme staff security training needs where appropriate.
- Fill out the Security Incident Reporting Tool (SIRT) whenever there is a security incident in the Turkana County Programme Area.
- Delegated budget holder for programme costed work plans and project budgets in the Turkana County Programme
- Responsible for the development and sharing for approval of Quarterly Turkana County costed work plans
- Coaching, mentoring and assisting direct reports on budget management
- Reporting any suspected or actual financial irregularities to the Country Director
- Responsible for managing the performance of all direct reports through: effective use of the Performance Management System.
- Maintain open and professional relations with direct reports, team members, promoting inclusivity.
- Responsible for the management and coordination of Turkana County staff leave plans.
- Mentoring and coaching direct reports to improve quality of their work and management capacity
- Ensuring sufficient human resources for programme implementation teams for effective programme delivery in Turkana County Programme Area
Networking & Representation:
- Representative of Concern in the relevant Turkana County forums. Represent Concern’s policies, strategies, and procedures at the county level as necessary.
- As a head of programme, coordinate and facilitate field visits for stakeholders interested in Concern’s work in Turkana County.
- Coordinate Concern’s programme activities with relevant government officials and other humanitarian agencies.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of all programmes (including partner programmes) in Turkana County Programme Area within the agreed plans, budgets, time frames and donor guidelines
Responding to Emergencies:
- Support Direct Reports and Turkana County Programme staff in ensuring timely and effective emergency response based on funding availability.
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary.
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
- Adhere to and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and associated policies to their team, beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
- Participating and contributing towards Concern’s emergency response, as and when necessary
- Promote and ensure compliance with the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) commitments and quality criteria
- Ensure that all Turkana County Programme staff are familiar with the principles underpinning accountability, safeguarding and Concern’s Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) and ensure that information about Concern’s commitments on accountability and safeguarding are disseminated among programme participants and communities
- Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Advanced University Degree in Management, Project Planning and Management, Disaster Risk Management, Health, Nutrition, Agriculture or WASH, with a minimum of 7 (seven) years progressive relevant professional work experience.
- 3 (three) years’ experience in a programme/budget/team management with an international NGO, with at least 2(two) years managing field operations.
- Management of diverse and multi-sectoral programmes.
- Strong leadership and management skills including people management, delegation, time management and prioritizing skills
- Excellent English language skills (written and verbal)
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Knowledge and experience of incorporating key people-centered approaches across programmes
- Knowledge and experience of working on systems strengthening approaches across sectors
- Networking and advocacy skills
- Problem solving and strategic thinking
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
Method of Application
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a detailed CV with three referees and Cover Letter Only to email@example.com with the subject of the email as “County Programme Manager – Lodwar,Turkana ’’ on or before Wednesday 25th January 2023 “. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.