Embassy of The United States Hiring!
Embassy of The United States
Embassy of The United States Hiring!,
Embassy of The United States Hiring!
The Embassy of the United States of America to Kenya, located in Nairobi, is home to the diplomatic mission of the United States to the Republic of Kenya. The embassy opened in central Nairobi on 2 March 1964, when the United States established diplomatic relations with Kenya.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Visa Assistant (Immigrant) – All Interested Applicants
- The jobholder will screen and prepare Immigrant Visa (IV) applications according to a complex set of laws and procedures. Procedures are standardized and policies are clearly defined.
- The jobholder will file and track the status of cases through a computerized system, print visas, and perform quality checks on all documents.
- The position also involves translation duties, frequent public interaction, the handling of sensitive personal information, drafting letters, email correspondence, and the use of multiple computer databases and applications.
- He/she assists the Fraud Prevention Unit (FPU) on cases requiring further questioning or follow-up.
- The jobholder maintains a strong working knowledge of consular district geography, including cultural considerations for the six designated countries (Kenya, Burundi, Uganda, Eritrea, South Sudan and Somalia) for which U.S. Embassy Nairobi processes IV/DV cases. The incumbent reports to and is supervised by the LES supervisor of the IV/DV Unit.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an office environment translating for the public as needed, handling administrative related duties and providing customer service is required.
- Experience in an office environment handling administrative duties and dealing with customer service.
- A high school diploma and 2 years of college studies is required.
Security Support Assistant – All Interested Applicants
- The incumbent provides security support to the Regional Security Office (RSO) by collecting, documenting and writing/submitting situation and incident reports in order for RSO personnel to have the most recent security data available.
- The Security Support Assistant will be called upon to brief RSO personnel with clear and concise reports on trending criminal tactics/techniques and latest open source collection and tabulation of security activities.
- The position entails extended periods of time outdoors and the incumbent will also be used for other security tasks as directed.
Security Support (90% of time)
- Job holder is responsible for conducting security analysis within an assigned area. Job holder’s primary duties include identifying suspicious activity and submits information to support analysis; engages in close observation to identify and report potential threat directed against U.S. Government facilities, employees, family members, and residences. Job holder initiates emergency responses to possible threats, as necessary, to safeguard life and property.
Reporting (10% of time)
- Job holder makes verbal and written reports on findings to the responsible supervisory security personnel. May be required to maintain records and/or perform data entry into software applications.
- A minimum of one (1) year of military, police, or private experience in the field of security required.
- Familiarity with local pedestrian and vehicular traffic patterns and habits, awareness of cultural norms and customs is required. The position requires good working knowledge of the host city’s geography and general culture
- Completion of high school is required.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.