Head of Talent & Capability Job at Britam
Head of Talent & Capability Job at Britam,
Head of Talent & Capability Job at Britam
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi. The group offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Ban…
Head of Talent & Capability
- This position is responsible for developing end-to-end talent and talent management & acquisition strategy with a particular focus on future talent, employer brand, and building a talent framework that supports succession planning. It will pull together multiple strands of the people strategy and drive the talent development agenda forward to shape and embed a high-performance culture.
- The role includes the development of all policies, procedures, and practices related to Talent Management and compliance with such policies.
- This role is overall in charge of learning and organization development and it will define and implement the enterprise learning strategy and the organizational capability development to support the broader company strategy execution.
Resourcing & Talent Management
- Provide leadership for the workforce and resourcing agenda and processes for the company, including recruitment, career mobility, workforce planning, etc.
- Manage the recruitment and selection processes in liaison with the HRBPs to attract, select and appoint suitable candidates to either long-term or short-term requirements for the organization.
- Develop agile resourcing models for all areas of the company and drive the transformational change required in resourcing and the talent management agenda
- Define critical roles for key talent benches and support succession management initiatives in the Company and deliberately build strong talent benches and leadership depth for such roles.
- Develop and implement the design of a comprehensive company onboarding program that aligns with the Company’s workforce strategy and goals as part of Talent retention initiatives. This includes all candidate experience surveys and remediation actions.
- Internal and external employer branding of the Company as a preferred “Employer of Choice” through a compelling value proposition messaging, internally and externally, and develop an effective talent pipeline of key internal and external talent.
- Working with business and team leaders on updating role requirements and defining and co-crafting new job roles in the company
- Optimize all the functions for optimal resourcing and talent deployment across the company.
- Overall responsibility for talent analytics for business and HR insights for decision making
- Maintain an up-to-date job evaluation and maintenance of organization and operating structures that reflect business reality, consistency, and coherence of functions
Learning & Development
- Drive and embed a learning culture and culture-building learning interventions and play a critical role in strategizing Learning & Development interventions to strengthen the people capabilities and organizational culture
- Collaborate with the leadership team on the formulation of critical strategies by anticipating L&D and Organisational development interventions required to execute the company strategy
- Strategize and lead all people development interventions for the organization by building a Britam Learning Academy that will include coaching programs, individual personal development, management & leadership development, career-pathing, and mentoring
- Support the development of high-potential employees at senior and mid-career levels, and ensure a robust learning framework with learning journeys is in place for employees at all levels.
- Partner with business leaders to identify skills and competencies needed to strengthen the organization and prepare it for future success, e.g., succession planning, and to support talent development interventions
- Design and lead the creation of internal training content and exploration of external partners, subject matter experts, and available solutions to deliver on company learning and development objectives, including the following: business skills, onboarding & orientation, leadership development, and ongoing employee skill development
- Serve as the champion and thought leader on learning and development and foster a culture of continuous learning, growth mindset, and knowledge sharing.
- Establish, manage and ensure the continuous improvement of the Learning Management System (LMS) to create diverse learning channels and create online learning journeys, and academies for the company
- Co-develop with the Learning & Development team, Leadership and Management Development roadmaps for the Company
- Coach and mentor line managers to create understanding and meaning for the leadership development focus, programs, and initiatives in the company.
- Run all standard group-wide programs and evaluate their impact, such as the talent mobility program, Graduate Trainee program, BU exchange programs, etc.
- Manages all independent consultant and consulting agreements and any talent 3rd party providers for HR services, e.g., learning, recruitment, assessment, and background checks
Key Performance Measures
- Various Talent metrics – Time to hire, Talent bench cover ratio, Onboarding survey scores, Quality of hires; Learning completion rate; Leadership quality
- Talent mapping and succession planning initiatives
- Agile Resourcing implementation
- Talent retention rate
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration (M.B.A) from a recognised university is an added advantage
- A professional qualification in Human Resources Management from a recognised institution
- 5-8 years experience covering all aspects of the HR discipline, with 3 years in Learning & Development & or Talent Management
- In-depth understanding of all HR aspects that impact the business
- Extensive knowledge of the service providers and learning programs
- Thorough knowledge of competencies and skills assessments.
- A member of IHRM