Job Openings at Aga Khan University Hospital
Job Openings at Aga Khan University Hospital
Job Openings at Aga Khan University Hospital,
Job Openings at Aga Khan University Hospital
Aga Khan University Hospitals in Karachi, Pakistan and Nairobi, Kenya are private, not-for-profit institutions providing high quality health care. The Main Hospitals serve as the principal sites for clinical training for the University’s Medical Colleges and Schools of Nursing and Midwifery in Pakistan and East Africa. Our Vision of Aga Khan University Ho…
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
- Receive, verify prescriptions and dispense drugs in a timely manner within approved standards and procedures.
- Contact the physician immediately for inaccuracy and illegibility in a prescription order, document errors and communicate them to the nursing and pharmacy staff
- Verify expiry dates of drugs prior to dispensing medication to patients/customers.
- Check that every label placed on the medications contains the correct patient name, drug, quantity and directions.
- Compound extemporaneous preparations and mix certain intravenous medications as per laid down procedures.
- Counsel patients on drug administration and use of devices for optimum wellness and recovery.
- Receive, return and update drug credits on the system in a timely manner.
- Deliver drug discharges to patients in the ward where applicable
- Communicate out of stock and non-stock effectively and timely to prescriber and nurse and provide alternative choice or make arrangements to order promptly.
- Comply and observe the environmental health and safety measures and regulations by proper handling, storage and dispensation of medications
- Record, monitor and update the expiry list of medications in timely manner.
- Conduct nursing floor inspections once a month for all ward stock, solutions and patient medication left behind
- Complete documentation of Interventions, Medication errors and Near Miss, Adverse events, Medication queries, Patient complaints or any other incidents and forward to relevant office
- Perform random medication checks daily and Monitor variance levels in your respective satellites.
- Compile daily satellite reports.
- Carry out regular satellite stock-take exercise.
- Report any special indicators allocated.
- Maintain and update personal drug knowledge data base to ensure accurate provision of pharmaceutical care of general disease states as well as specialized knowledge in the assigned area of expertise
- Participate in educational activities and departmental meetings.
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
- Practicing License from the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Computer literate
- Able to communicate with medical professionals
- Able to work with a team of people from various backgrounds and training
- Excellent customer service skills and empathetic to patients of all ages
- Good interpersonal skills
- Culturally sensitive
- Able to keep up with pharmaceutical developments and Continuous Medical Education programmes
Closing Date: 15/12/2022
Grants Finance Manager, AKU Finance
Reporting to the Senior Manager Finance, East Africa, the Grants Finance Manager will be responsible for supporting project programmatic and Research grants leading to the execution of projects on a stipulated budget and compliance environment. The position holder will also be responsible for accurate and timely reporting to the Project lead, granting agencies and donors and ensures that the project has sufficient cash flow to run.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Working closely with faculty, Grants and contracts departments, Bilateral and Multilateral department in preparing/reviewing of proposed project financial proposal. This includes review of checklist to confirm that the university has accurately costed project costs.
- Review draft contracts from granting agencies to ensure that the university’s financial position is accurately reflected and protected.
- Reviewing grant agreements for university sub-awards to ensure that they are compliant with the main donor requirements and University financial policies
- Review/ Approve requisitions from Project leads to ensure that they are within the project budget and are compliant to the grant agency requirement.
- Timely preparation of monthly reports to project leads and reports to granting agencies of the financial position of the project.
- Continuous training of project staff and sub awardees on the compliance environment.
- Preparation of funds withdrawal applications to ensure that the projects have sufficient cash flow.
- Monthly project account to ensure that core recovery is accurately and timely captured.
- Supporting the PI to close the financial operations of the project at the end of the project.
- Working closely with the Grants and Contract departments to ensure that the various project budget costs are deactivated and that all outstanding matters have been resolved.
- Manage the departmental succession plan, performance appraisal process, training needs & calendar and leave schedule for the department team members
Relevant Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business/ Finance related field.
- CPA or ACCA or CMA qualification or equivalent
- Master’s degree in project management and/or development finance will be an added advantage
- More than 10 years of experience in a big organization (with 100+ employees) with exposure to financial planning, reporting, analysis, grant budgets and day to day accounting functions. Having supervisory skills/experience in managing a team
of 5-10 people.
- Possess great communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of accuracy, timeliness, and a very strong attention to detail.
- Good People management skills
- Managing expectations of finance heads and entity heads
Closing Date: 23/12/2022
Patient Services Coordinator, Patient Services Department
Maintain the reception area by providing front office administrative services and customer care service to patients, AKU staff and the public by receiving and addressing inquiries in a professional and polished manner, while accounting for all daily financial transactions processed at the front desk/patient reception.
- Provide outstanding customer services to patients, public and AKU staff and ensure inquiries and complaints to the department are addressed expeditiously.
- Consistently provide full coverage at all times at the front desk by clocking in and out in the HR time management software.
- Beware of the down time and data protection procedure in the event of a system failure.
- As a cashier, maintain a manual invoice and receipt process in the event of a computer system malfunction and upon resumption of computer system, update data and records in the computer system.
- Admission of patients and collection of IP deposits as per the laid down guidelines.
- Account for and balance all monies collected from patients on a daily basis and deposit the money to main hospital Automated Banking Machine at the end of a work shift.
- Look in the computer system and verify and confirm credit services that are applicable to corporate employees as per the account entitlement details
- Ensure the Pre-Authorizations are duly completed by the Physicians and sent to corporations for approval within 24hours.
- Liaise with patient services supervisor, manager and patient’s insurance company regarding any uncertain approval of such cases.
- Check and verify patient data in the computer system and bill the correct patient for the right services and collect the right amount of payment for the services.
- Verify that all benefits for corporate employees are billed as per existing entitlement guidelines.
- Assist other patient services staff when the need arises in order to foster overall efficiency of the department and deliver timely patient care.
- Answers both internal and external phone calls promptly and respond appropriately. Communicate messages promptly and accurately to concerned persons in order to help in the maintenance of smooth organization of patient care.
- Re-confirm/ update contact numbers of patients. In addition, ensure realistic appointments are booked and rescheduling is done on a timely basis. Rescheduling of appointments by the physicians must be communicated to the patients on time by the staff at the consulting clinics.
- Escalate any difficult/challenges faced in the cause of the operations to the Duty Supervisor/ Manager promptly for assistance.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Diploma in Front Office Administration/ Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 3 months’ work experience from the hospitality industry
- Excellent Customer Service & people skills
- Ability to multi-task & detail oriented
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with the public
- Culture sensitive individual
- Good planer & results oriented,
- High integrity.
Closing Date: 18/12/2022
Supervisor, Safety & Security
The Supervisor, Safety and Security will supervise a team of security guards assigned to man the University/ Hospital compound and to check and safeguard the physical infrastructure/buildings ensuring that maximum safety and security prevail at all times.
- Investigation of security-related incidents: Keep a record of all reported incidents; Conduct investigations into reported incidents; Initiate disciplinary measures wherever necessary; Participate in disciplinary hearings
- Assist in identifying vulnerable areas and initiate actions to reduce risk and exposure as per requirements of accrediting bodies like CUE (Commission of University Education) among others.
- Assisting in the development, dissemination and testing of safety & security training programs.
- Working with the Team Leader, Safety and Security, develop security training manuals and update existing ones as required.
- Plan and conduct safety awareness training to faculty, staff and students.
- Supervision of contracted security guards by conducting briefings at the start of new shifts; review reports from guards for completeness and activity requiring follow-up
- Schedule guards to cover designated facilities and establish security patrol priorities; motivate the guard force to perform well.
- Risk assessment and facility inspection: Conduct annual risk assessment of the buildings/physical infrastructure and initiate mitigating actions to reduce risk and exposure; Conduct periodical facility inspection rounds in order to identify risks.
- Serving as part of the Emergency Response Team: Take predetermined action and assist cases of emergencies such as accidents, fire, etc.
- Ensuring usability of security equipment: Supervision of CCTV maintenance and operations
- Communicate to the relevant authorities and the Head of Security about the operations of the Hospital
- Review utilization and maintenance of security equipment
- Maintaining close liaison with the police and local administration and working hand in hand with them in matters that require the intervention of the police or the local administration
- Traffic flow management/Parking Management: Ensure that parking spaces are properly utilized and cars into and out of the compound are properly directed.
- Working hand in hand with the parking management company to manage the parking space. Ensure that incidences related to automobiles in the compound are properly addressed.
- Assist in reviewing and creating appropriate security and safety policies, procedures and guidelines
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the department Manager
Qualifications and Skills required:
- Minimum of a Degree in Security Management/Criminology and Forensic related studies.
- KCSE minimum grade of C plain/O level training
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Impeccable character and Team player
- Must possess proper investigative and cognitive skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and resilient.
- Experience or being conversant with JCI accreditation and audits is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Excellent telephone handling skills
- Excellent people-handling/customer service and supervisory skills.
- Basic knowledge of safety & security protocols and emergency preparedness.
- Ability to conduct training and mock drills.
- Ability to work long hours with minimal supervision, has initiative and is proactive
- Capacity to manage several tasks and requests simultaneously
Closing Date: 31/12/2022
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.