Job Openings at Mpesa Foundation Academy
Mpesa Foundation Academy
Job Openings at Mpesa Foundation Academy,
Job Openings at Mpesa Foundation Academy
The M-PESA Foundation Academy is a state of the art, co-educational and residential High school offering the Kenyan National Curriculum. Driven by leadership, entrepreneurship, technology and innovation, the Academy serves talented but economically disadvantaged students with demonstrated leadership potential.
Head of University Admissions
JOB REF : HUA/01/2023
- Assisting students to prepare for, select, and get into tertiary education programs in line with their career aspirations
- Making students aware of the benefits of specific courses and universities available globally that meet their aspirations and abilities
- Guiding students through the application process for universities globally. This will include reading through student’s documentation prior to submission
- Advising students on sources of funding
- Preparing students for ACTs and SATs in preparation for possible applications to US universities i.e. with students at Y10 level onwards (present MYP 5)
- Maintain status of excellence of MFA as an IELTS test centre and carrying out the responsibilities of a site supervisor
- Helping students, in liaison with MYP and DP coordinators, select subjects choose courses and extracurricular activities that will help them get into their chosen career paths after graduation
- Staying current with university and college admission processes and requirements, tertiary level programs and developments in education and financial aid
- Developing relationships with university partners and proactively promoting the IB programmes offered at MFA
- Organising University Fairs and careers events at the Academy and represent the same at schools at other college fairs and other promotional opportunities.
- Conducting interviews, reviewing application materials, and assisting in the decision making process of students
- Advising parents on the transition process from the Academy
- As the direct line manager guide and advise Assistant Academic Counsellors in delivering the careers education and college counselling programme and conduct regular appraisals
- As the direct line manager guide the Internship and Placement Coordinator on scholars’s internship placements
- Maintaining accurate and current knowledge of educational legislation, trends, developments, and resources
- Developing and maintaining relationships with beneficial outreach stakeholders such as regulatory bodies and scholarship awarding institutions
- Reporting annually to all stakeholders on university destinations
- The Head of University Admissions acts as the Child Safeguarding Lead at the Uongozi Centre
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Education or any other relevant field
- Minimum five years experience in career guidance, college and holistic counselling
- Experience in the university admissions process, with particular focus on scholarship awarding institutions globally
- Familiarity with college and university programs, admissions requirements and processes, and scholarship and financial aid resources.
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and people management skills
- Ability to multitask and stay organised
- Willingness to guide others and provide ongoing support as they make important decisions
- Budgeting experience is an added advantage
School Nurse (Female)
- JOB REF: SN/01/2023
Provision of Direct healthcare to students
- Provide basic medical services and First Aid to students and organize referrals to specialists when necessary.
- Administer and monitor student medication as prescribed by the medical
- Offer customized nursing care plan for special cases that need special care e.g newly diagnosed chronic illnesses.
- Issue Medical drugs and care and monitor adherence to students with long-term medical conditions.
- Respond to medical emergency situations for the purpose of addressing immediate safety concerns.
- Accompany students to medical appointments off campus and follow up and visiting of students admitted at the partner hospital(s).
- Organizing for students’ treatment at the approved hospital by the Academy.
Provides screening and referral for health conditions
- Carry out regular surveillance checks on the students to ensure their continued health e.g., regular testing and annual medical check-up.
- Organizing medical examination of existing scholars on boarding of new scholars at Admission.
Provides leadership for the provision of health services
- Ensures that Academy policies and procedures adhere to legal and regulatory statutes and ethical standards of nursing practice.
- Liaise with the local health authorities to keep abreast of any updates on regulatory changes and public health alerts.
- Report students with reportable contagious disease to the line manager and Academy administration where necessary.
- Provides leadership in the development and evaluation of Academy health policies, programs and the promotion of a healthy school environment.
- Maintain clinic equipment and assess and ensure the supply of consumable supplies on an ongoing basis.
- Order, Record, Store drugs in line with the Academy Policy
Serves as a liaison between school personnel, family, community and health care providers.
- Liaise with parents/guardians regarding medical issues affecting their children and being part of case management teams with other relevant academy staff and external stakeholders on cases.
- Provides health education information directly to individual students, groups of students, or classes or by providing guidance and consultation about health education.
- Promotes health awareness activities such fairs for students in consultation with internal stakeholders, i.e., food service personnel or physical education teachers, regarding healthy lifestyles and wellness programs
- Serves as a member of the coordinated school health team that promotes the health and well-being at the Academy.
- Giving health talks and raising awareness on relevant health issues affecting students
- School Nurse is expected to be flexible, from time to time he/she may be added task in line with their role by their direct manager.
- The nurse will reside in the academy
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree or Diploma in Nursing from a recognized medical training institution
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in inventory management to ensure that there are no stock outs.
Method of Application
Send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
as one document by Tuesday 24th January 2023 stating clearly on the email subject line the job title and reference of the position you are applying for. E.g., HEAD OF UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS HUA/01/2023
Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.