Job Openings at Solar Panda
Job Openings at Solar Panda,
Job Openings at Solar Panda
Solar Panda is a social enterprise providing smart, low-cost solar power to communities across Africa, enabling families and small businesses to flourish and grow. Our high-quality solutions provide customers living without electricity access to clean, safe and sustainable solar energy through a unique rent-to-own business model. Customer…
About The Role
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our management team in Nairobi, Kenya to oversee the strategy, execution and analysis of Solar Panda’s customer financing business. Since Solar Panda finances almost all sales to customers, it is critical that we achieve high repayment rates from these customers. The Credit Manager will be responsible for managing multiple strategies to ensure the creditworthiness of new customers, drive programs to encourage strong repayment from existing customers and analyze overall company performance. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, reporting directly to the CFO.
To be successful at this job, a candidate must:
- Help Solar Panda determine the creditworthiness of all new customers: analyze our existing creditworthiness process, identify improvements and make recommendations for new programs.
- Work with our sales team to ensure practices are adhered to and sales are being made to creditworthy customers.
- Work with Collections Team, Field Sales Team and Fraud Team to implement and improve customer repayment programs.
- Analyze Solar Panda’s repayment data to derive insights and identify opportunities.
- Provide frequent and insightful reports to the Senior Management Team and external stakeholders.
The right candidate must have the following traits:
- Ability to analyze and interpret data for reasonableness and insights: must “own” the repayment data and understand what it means (not just read numbers) and what actions should be taken to make improvements.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities as well as demonstrated ability to adapt well to changing priorities.
- Be self-motivated: operate well in an independent culture where the candidate will have significant autonomy and high expectations.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills sufficient to manage conversations with executives within and outside of Solar Panda on a regular basis.
- Believe in the company’s mission of improving the lives of millions of off-grid customers in Africa.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in credit management (experience in consumer financing in Africa is preferred).
- University degree in Accounting, Mathematics or another business-related field.
- Solid knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Impressive track record of meeting or exceeding revenue goals.
Sales Training Manager
This is a strategic role whose mandate is to own and optimize training and instructional content initiatives, build and manage the Training team, oversee cross-team coordination efforts, and collect and analyze performance data to maximize impact. This position is a full-time position.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and refine sales training curriculum for Field Sales Managers and commission-based Field Sales Agents, including the design of dynamic and interactive training modules.
- Supervise, manage, and lead regional sales trainers to ensure effective deployment and excellent execution of training programs across the regions.
- Ongoing tracking and assessment of training programs to ensure that they are meeting business needs and improving performance.
- Stay up to date with current training practices, training methods, learning tools, and learning deployment devices and technologies.
Academic Qualification & Work Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in business or education field.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience with increasing responsibility
- 3+ years’ experience in developing and delivering training content in a business setting
- 2+ years management of direct reports
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills
- Professional sales training is a significant advantage
- Excellence in team building and motivational skills.
- Excellence in written and oral communication.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Method of Application
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your cover letter and CV to RecruitmentKE@solarpanda.com on or before 30th November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kindly reference the job title in your application.