Job Openings at World Vision Kenya
World Vision Kenya
Job Openings at World Vision Kenya,
Job Openings at World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Grants & Compliance Manager – Tumikia Mtoto Project
The Grants Compliance Manager (GCM) will provide overall technical support in the management of sub-grants, facilitate training in program and finance management to sub-grantees, support sub-partners or sub-grant management and assist in reviewing sub-grants agreements. S/he will be responsible for ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations, legal and regulatory requirements governing the award and internal policies and procedures where applicable. The GCM oversees the overall compliance in the activity implementation from the development of work plans, budgets, reporting, sub granting, and budget
Ensure compliance with grants regulations requirements
- Review expenses charged to the grant for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure donor requested information is submitted on time.
- Ensure grant implementation and reporting follows donor rules and regulations; and that the specific compliance requirements are effectively communicated to all partners at all times
- Work closely with the procurement department to ensure compliance with grants procurement guidelines
- Coordinate grant project audits & reviews and follow up on audit recommendations to ensure 100% implementation.
- Conduct scheduled grant compliance reviews / checks for all partners
- Actively participating and facilitating in project start up workshops to ensure financial aspect of projects are fully understood.
- Ensure grant projects’ close out procedures are done according to the donor guidelines.
- Support program staff in grant revisions, modifications, no-cost extensions, or budget realignments
- Support the preparations for external grant monitoring visits, reviews, and audits,
- and evaluations and participate as appropriate
- Coordinate engagement, communication, and the feedback mechanisms between the organization donors, and local grant partners
- Interface with user departments, management committees to provide advice and recommendations relating to grants management and compliance
Institutional strengthening processes for Partners (Assessments, Capacity Building & Sub grantee Management)
- Conduct the local partner selection and due diligence processes; and ensure that actions plans are developed to respond to identified issues
- Engage with the grant partners (Consortium, local implementing institutions and sub-grantees) to identify and co-create cost efficient and innovative solutions to improve local service delivery processes
- Develop, review and ensure that the grant partners identification, capacity building and compliance monitoring procedures are aligned with the regulatory, donor, internal policies and procedures, and industry best practices
- Monitor local partner’s performance and compliance with the local regulations and the donor requirements through site visits, audits etc and recommend actions necessary to resolve any identified issues of concerns.
- Lead local partners capacity building efforts, interpretation and execution of grant agreements in line with the agreed on terms and conditions.
- Monitor the implementation of action plans from capacity building sessions for return of investment.
- Conduct the local partner selection and due diligence processes; and ensure that actions plans are developed to respond to identified issues; and monitored for effectiveness
- Lead in the grant sub-granting process, ensuring that grant agreements are well executed and monitored for compliance
- Monitor sub-grantee financial performance and adherence to donor regulations
- Enhance Institutional and financial capacity of sub grantees through continuous training based on need and the due diligence outcomes
- Review of sub-grantee’s financial and narrative reports for compliance
- Oversee a comprehensive information management and filing system, ensuring donor contractual documents, reports, and key correspondences are consistently and frequently filed. This includes specific records and files on each sub-grantee ensuring access management is adhered to as per the established records management and retention procedures
Grant Risk Management and Quality Assurance (30%)
- Facilitate, and advise the chief of party in assessing grant risks and designing risk mitigation measures.
- Ensure that the grant partners identify and manage attendant risks proactively, mitigating actions are tracked for closure, and that the high level risks are incorporated in the grant risk register
- Document and ensure communication of key risks to the COP through the Monthly Management Report and provide quarterly risk analysis to inform decision making, and determine that risk reduction recommendations have been tracked and implemented as appropriate.
- Overseeing tracking and recording of Grant and Donor audits’ schedules and ensure audits are done within agreed timelines and reports issued to the donors within stipulated time.
- Ensure the projects is audited according to the donor requirements.
- Ensure that findings and recommendations from audits and various donor accountability mechanisms are acted upon in a timely and effective manner in consultation with Operations Team.
- Ensure the grant operate within the established regulatory requirements, donor rules and regulations, and WV internal control systems to mitigate risks and ensure accountability that will result in good audit ratings. e.g. Adherence to donor VAT requirements and cost allocation mechanisms
- Ensuring payroll grant charges for assigned grant are accurately captured through the LDR system.
- Work with the project team to develop Terms of reference for the grant audit; and define schedules for compliance reviews
- Ensure that screening is done for all the project stakeholders so as to determine an individual or entity is not named on a restricted, denied, debarred, designated, or blocked party list.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Business, Procurement, Accounting, Finance, Management, Auditing, Economics or related field
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the NGO sector in Senior Grants/Compliance Management positions.
- In-depth understanding and experience of working with proposals and contracts from donors.
- Experience of complex planning and budgeting processes including the ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures
- Demonstrable experience in leadership, strategic thinking and results based management in grant Compliance matters.
- Experience managing and building management capacity of partners
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good Research, high analytical and critical thinking skills
- High proficiency in data management and reporting
- Experience in engaging and managing divergent internal and external stakeholders
- Detail oriented while maintaining focus on the big picture
- Sound knowledge on grant accounting and experience in donor funding e.g. USAID, DFID, UN etc requirements
- Experience managing building management capacity of partners.
- Professional certification in grants management, risk management and compliance or related qualifications are an added advantage.
- A good understanding of the full cycle of a grant
- Strong leadership and demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, prioritize tasks and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Compatibility with WVs Mission, Ethos, policies and core values
Chief of Party – Tumikia Mtoto Project
The Chief of Party (CoP) has overall responsibility for the leadership and management of all grant activities, consortium members and staff. The incumbent has principal responsibility for representation for the projects to USAID and local Government entities and provides strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program and ensures the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
Strategic Leadership and management
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure strong communication and coordination with all team and consortium members as a means to effectively achieve program objectives. Encourage transparency among and between consortium members to promote coordination and effectiveness.
- Lead the planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, WV regulations, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Design strategies, partnerships and interventions to guarantee the project is gender and ability-sensitive and that WV and implementing partners are accountable to beneficiaries.
- Primary point of contact and collaboration for the team and in-country stakeholders, including USAID, implementation partners, government partners and other key stakeholders.
- The COP should embrace the shared Kenyan vision for the project and effectively manage available financial and human resources to make that vision a reality
Strategic Engagement and Donor Relations
- Direct and oversee grant implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, staffing, implementation and quality assurance
- Represent the OVC project and World Vision to USAID, Government of Kenya, UN agencies, implementing, technical partners and other appropriate bodies.
- Ensure effective liaison with local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Constantly look for more effective and efficient implementation and opportunities to increase impact.
Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation & Knowledge Management
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
- Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet donor requirements
- Document and disseminate project best practices, lessons learnt and success stories
- Manage grant/project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and World Vision.
- Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR ROLE
- Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, medicine, management, business administration, or a related field
- 10 years of experience in a senior role leading a complex technical service delivery program of similar scope and dollar value.
- 7 years of demonstrated experience in partnership building, especially with government representatives, donors, the private sector, and local community organizations.
- Proven ability to manage technical assistance teams and ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs
- Demonstrated accomplishment in working with host-country professionals, ministries and with donor colleagues in country
- Past experience of working with USG supported projects and knowledge of financial rules and regulations at a senior level.
- Experience in developing program work-plans, budgets, managing implementation, staff and short-term technical assistance.
- Excellent performance track record
- Experience in integrating teams of professionals around common goals and motivating through visionary leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and meet all donor deliverables.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent Relational skills
- Keen understanding of the unique political dynamics of the country and ability to work carefully and collaboratively to support the various political entities in Kenya
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.