Jobs at Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN)
Jobs at Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN)
Jobs at Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN)
The Aga Khan Development Network is a network of private, non-denominational development agencies founded by the Aga Khan that work primarily in the poorest parts of Asia and Africa. Aga Khan IV succeeded to the office of the 49th hereditary Imam as spiritual and administrative leader of the Shia faith-rooted Nizari Ismaili Muslim supranational union in 1…
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Nursing Officer (Vaccination)
The successful candidates will be responsible for providing safe and competent general nursing care for patients, administration of vaccines and managing vaccine logistics.
- Utilize the nursing process in planning and executing care for patients/clients
- Ensure safe and proper handling and administration of COVID-19 vaccine.
- Perform physical assessments and follow proper technique in administering vaccination
- Ordering of vaccinations
- Maintain cold chain in handling vaccines and related product
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all vaccination activities
- Formulate care plans and educate patients regarding vaccination process, possible adverse reactions, and isolation/quarantine practices where applicable.
- Adhere to infection control procedures
- Maintain clients` confidentiality.
- Bsc. Nursing will be an added advantage
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- At least 1 year post registration work experience
- Working experience in covid 19 vaccine administration and logistics management
- A valid NCK practicing license
- Must be a member of the professional body (NNAK).
Medical Records Officer
- Gain/receive verbal consent from clients intending to receive Covid-19 Vaccine
- Identify clients by use of Identity card, passport or birth certificate
- Register clients into the Government Chanjo System using the appropriate identification document.
- Administer vaccine on the change system as directed by the nurse
- Maintain a database of all clients administered with covid-19 vaccine and the type of vaccine received.
- Reconcile quantities of vaccine used and update the same on Chanjo system
- Prepare routine reports on covid-19 vaccination program
- Keep records of inventory or assets of the mobile clinic
- Maintain the assess in good condition.
- Timely delivery of service
- Timely and accurate communication & feedback to clients/stakeholders
- Addressing customer complaints/concerns in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Ensure security and confidentiality of patient data and records
- Assist in medical records department functions in the area deployed.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the manager.
- Diploma in Health Records & Information Technology from an accredited Institution.
- At least 2 years of experience in medical records management in a busy hospital of same or higher calibre.
- Proficient in computer packages.
Mobile Clinic Drivers
- Ability to perform basic vehicle maintenance and coordinate repair services on mobile clinic van and all agency vehicles.
- Perform basic record keeping duties
- Perform pre-trip and post trip inspections.
- Drive the mobile on-site clinic to locations.
- Ensure the vehicle/truck/van is fully operation.
- Properly maintains vehicle cleanliness.
- Schedule required service and repairs with the transport/Security Manager
- Driving alternate vehicle when required to transport clients and staff to clinic location. p. Transport labs when required to local public health during mobile clinic and upon return to home base.
- Report all accidents or incidents immediately as and when they occur to the supervisor and follow due process.
- Maintain updated travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
- Valid driving licence classes BCE.
- Minimum KCSE certificate
- Minimum two years driving experience
- Good knowledge of the Highway Code and other Kenya traffic laws applicable to commercial operations
- Good organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work at odd hours and / or travel at short notice
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
Vaccine Outreaches Mobilization Officer
The successful candidates will be responsible for coordinating, planning, implementing and mobilizing for COVID 19 Vaccination outreach activities in the field in collaboration with the Ministry of health and other partners.
- Plan and organize outreach awareness and demand creation activities through various strategies for the targeted populations and areas.
- Together with relevant government departments, map COVID 19 Vaccine Outreach sites in the counties for COVID Vaccinations Develop routine field activities reports on mobilization and outreach activities.
- Develop, document and share lessons learnt, best practices in the community for Vaccination activities.
Collaborates with project partners, and establishes new partnerships, to ensure coordinated outreach for COVID Vaccination to the public, ensuring nonduplication of programming and prioritizing access for multiply marginalized groups including disabled, elderly
- Minimum of a Diploma in public health/Sociology or related fields;
- Experience or education in health messaging/public health.
- Experience ith Community Outreach programs/Campaigns/Media.
- The Project Coordinator will oversee the implementation and reporting of the project, including overseeing project progress, the timely implementation of activities on a daily basis.
- Support vaccine outreach mobilization officer in collaboration with counties in preparation of mobile clinic outreach plans for vaccination.
- Work with Counties to ensure availability of COVID 19 Vaccines for the outreach activities.
- Together with project staff and other stakeholders (government department, community leaders and groups) develop and implement effective COVID-19 vaccination demand generation activities in all implementation counties to increase up take of COVID 19 Vaccine jabs.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with Ministry of Health in the counties in the region, other relevant county and national ministries and other stakeholders/partners for effective COVID 19 Vaccination activities.
- Support the development and use of appropriate IEC and other behavior change communication materials in coordination with other project team members distribution, and utilization.
- Monitor overall project activities according to the annual work plan using a variety of methods: review of reports, site visits to review records and to interview stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Ensure that financial utilization is in accordance with the approved budget and in compliance with AKHK and donor organization.
- Degree Public Health/Nursing or related health field from a recognized University.
- At least three years’ experience in the health sector in developing countries with vast experience in community projects.
- Demonstrated capacity to write high quality reports for donor projects and analytical briefs;
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation methodologies and logical frameworks;
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in English.
- Superior analytical, organizational, interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a large team of staff, individual experts and partners;
- Manage the project finances whilst ensuring compliance with internal controls and donor regulations.
- Provide financial reports as required internally and also externally by donors.
- Develop policies and procedures for the project financial management and ensure compliance with the same.
- Monitor grants for legal, financial, and program compliance including but not limited to ensuring that grant requirements are correctly documented in the grant files.
- Manage the project budget to ensure project expenditures are approved and allocated to the respective budget lines.
- Ensure payments for projects are made on a timely basis in accordance with project guidelines and requirements.
- Coordinate with other project partners to achieve synergy in project financial management.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least CPA II
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Word skills.
- Working knowledge of Project Accounting and Book keeping Procedures.
- Superior analytical, organizational, interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar or related role.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com