Jobs at Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
Jobs at Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA),
Jobs at Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
AGRA is an alliance led by Africans with roots in farming communities across the continent. We understand that African farmers need uniquely African solutions designed to meet their specific environmental and agricultural needs so they can sustainably boost production and gain access to rapidly growing agriculture markets.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Associate Development Cooperation Officer
Job Reference: ADCO/PR/01/2023
The Position Summary
Reporting to the Head of Development Cooperation, the Associate Development Cooperation Officer will collaborate and partner in Development Cooperation team, providing expertise and insights for specific agriculture and food systems development topics . S/he will drive and develop fundraising content, supporting business development, building sector expertise, and helping the Development Cooperation team ramp up its resource mobilization efforts by sharing sector-specific donor intelligence.
S/he will work across Divisions to support new business development, knowledge management and in some instances, project delivery. S/he will play an active role in supporting the implementation of the Institutional resource mobilization strategy. S/he will also lead on the donor stewardship (Customer Relationship Management databased) support the facilitation of negotiations and signing of new funding agreements, while assisting in the implementation of AGRA’s Public-Private Partnership resource mobilization strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering original analysis and customized insights for strategic positioning, business development by leveraging specific experience or knowledge assets (products, tools, data, workshops, frameworks, surveys, and related expertise, etc.)
- Supporting Development Cooperation (DC) team through contributing donor research, trend and analysis, Intelligence gathering as outlined by the Head of Development Cooperation. This will include both independent working and work under the guidance of the Head of Development Cooperation who frames the interventions within the broader project context, desk research on donor commitments and trends in AGRA priority countries and continentally.
- Liaising closely with the DC team to support on bid processes including pre-positioning, partner engagement, research, RFA/Is and tender responses.
- Share insights and experiences from proposal development (from after action reviews) into the specific knowledge asset and/or adapting existing DC materials.
- Communication collateral development: helping develop the assets and tools which will help AGRA secure funding (e.g. project references, expressions of interest, proposals, updated capacity statements organization and sectoral etc)
Donor Stewardship/Customer Relationship Management:
- Lead in updating monthly funding pipeline tracker, portfolio dashboards (budget monitoring, donor reporting performance), updating the corporate risk register.
- Lead in producing monthly reporting deliverables for donor awards.
- Lead in producing DC monthly funding bulletin.
- Lead in training of existing and new staff on CRM utilization.
- Lead in updating the CRM database with donor contacts, awards etc.
Team Support (Due Diligence, Internal Reports, Meeting and Briefing Docs, )
- Support in the preparation of meetings; presentations, talking points, briefing documents in support of RM.
- Lead in RM webinar content and facilitation .
- Lead in go-no-go, due diligence for new RM opportunities and donor partners.
- Support provided in driving pledge conversion rate and sufficient, predictable, and sustainable donor support for AGRA.
- Financial leverage captured in priority countries in the CRM.
- Accuracy and efficiency of reports.
- Supports the DC team to disseminate the Resource Mobilization guide to regional and country offices and main point person for compliance on the guide.
- Support the process of internal audits for DC unit as directed by Head of Development cooperation.
- Coordinates inter-divisional team meetings to discuss RM pipeline, opportunities, and areas for DC support
- DC Focal point for Oracle and Fusion (procurement, CRM ).
Relevant Experience & Professional Qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience of international development with demonstrable track record of working with donors.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Public Finance, Public Administration, Rural Development, Social Sciences, or any other relevant field.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Social science, International Studies or other relevant field.
- Fluency in English; Knowledge of French will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in using applications software, including presentation, spreadsheet, word processing, and project management tools.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and with polish to individuals and groups of people.
- Optimistic and persuasive that African farmers and consumers will benefit from improved, well-adapted agricultural technologies and reforms across the input and output value chains.
- Ability to translate program-based concepts into practical realities.
- Experienced donor development and resource mobilization expert with a superior track record of success serving international development organizations.
- Success in resource mobilization for large multilateral or bilateral agencies or international organizations.
- Knowledge and experience working with donors as well as supporting the building of strategic donor relations .
- Sound understanding of the donor financing landscape and processes.
- Knowledge and experience working on performance-based targets for fundraising.
- Writing for a range of different audiences to produce high quality and concise materials including internal content, sector insights, marketing and selling materials, proposals and reports for development sector clients.
- Able to work both collaboratively and effectively in a group dynamic of local and remote teams around the world, and of working independently to develop content that can contribute to wider business priorities.
- Analysis and problem solving, with a high capacity for conceptual and strategic/end-to-end thinking.
Program Officer, Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture
Job Reference: CALA/PSC/01/2023
The Position Summary
The Program Officer – Coordinator for the Leadership Initiative will act as a day-to-day technical lead responsible for implementation of the Leadership Initiative. He/ She will be responsible for sharing AGRA’s knowledge, experience and networks, and will work directly with the partners on the design and implementation of the leadership journey including the coaching component, curriculum development, the leadership forums, learning trips and digital learning.
S/He will serve as a technical officer responsible for coordination of partners to effectively implement program activities and ensure delivery. The Program Officer will also be expected to work closely with the implementing partners for this initiative as well as the beneficiary countries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop progress and results tracking matrix for the Leadership Initiative related interventions.
- Coordinate collaborative activities between AGRA, the African Management Institute (AMI), the Policy LINK and other partners in organizing leadership capacity building activities.
- Work directly with the partners on the design and implementation of the leadership journey including the coaching component, curriculum development, the leadership forums & learning trips and digital learning.
- Contribute to state capability related proposals, particularly the ones related to enhancement of leadership capacity within the agriculture sector.
- Enhance state capability contribution to the delivery of other bodies of work.
- Produce knowledge products and thought pieces related to leadership capacity building and its implication to agriculture transformation in Africa.
- Track and report outcomes of the leadership support to countries.
- Develop and coordinate implementation of the annual work plan for the Leadership Initiative.
- Following up and monitoring the implementation of the Leadership Initiative and produce progress reports for reporting within AGRA, the BMZ as well as to the stakeholders.
- Taking lead in developing Leadership Initiative related proposals with support from respective country teams especially the country manager and task leader on government support interventions.
- Providing support in developing training materials and guidelines related to the Leadership Initiative.
- Organizing Leadership Initiative related workshops and trainings.
- Providing capacity building to country teams and AGRA staff on AGRA’s government support approach and support to the enhancement of leadership capacity.
- Documenting good practices on Leadership Capacity Building for the agriculture sector deriving from AGRA’s investment.
- Analysing AGRA’s contribution in building State Capability/country and enhancing leadership capacity in the target countries.
- Lead the provision and management of State Capability grants to national governments, regional and international technical assistance providers to deliver on State Capability initiative.
- Contribute to partnership development with national, regional and continental partners [i.e., governments, private sector, multilateral and bilateral partners, civil society] operating in the state capability space.
- Produce program implementation progress reports (Financial and activities report) as required by the program funders.
- Design coordination reports and briefings.
- Review and provide quality assurance on partners’ deliverables.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- At least Master’s degree in any one of these fields: Agronomy, Sociology, Agriculture and Livestock Sciences, Agricultural Economics, International Development, Public Administration, Economics, Rural Development, OR any other relevant field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience linked to the provision of high-level policy advice/ technical support in agriculture and rural development.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing agricultural policies, agricultural sector plans, and frameworks.
- Experience in working with multi-stakeholder platforms and processes, or other complex collaboration and partner management platforms across sectors, including agriculture.
- Experience in coordination and partnership management.
- Experience in building capacity of government and private sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience in working with a wide range of individuals in government, private sector and civil society.
- Proficient in program management, program design and M&E.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Ability to create organizational work plans based on higher-level goals.
- Deep understanding of the Africa agricultural sector and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in resource mobilization.
Method of Application
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to email@example.com noting to quote the job reference number in the subject of your email). To be considered, applications must be received on or before 13th February 2023.