Jobs at Dalberg
Jobs at Dalberg,
Jobs at Dalberg
Dalberg is committed to global development and innovation, and offers a variety of advisory services across the international development sector. Comprised of Dalberg Global Development Advisors, D. Capital & Dalberg Research, our platform provides high-level strategic, policy and investment advice to the leadership of key institutions, corporations and …
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Global Communications Senior Associate
- At least seven years of relevant experience, spanning content development/writing, social media, website management and analytics, visual design production, and storytelling.
- Excellent written and editorial skills across multiple formats, including impeccable English grammar and editing skills, and a sharp editorial eye.
- Professionalism, initiative, sound judgment, and maturity, and a deeply collaborative and empathetic nature, with the confidence and clarity of thinking required to engage senior stakeholders across geographies, cultures, and practice areas.
- An ear for stories and an eye for design: able to look across a portfolio of work and identify priorities and processes that will help bring new external content to life.
- Demonstrated experience working directly on, or in coordination with, the component roles of a communications team, and a demonstrated ability to apply skills in a way that strengthens the work of teammates as well as taking the lead on individually-driven initiatives.
- Passion for development- and social impact-related issues, including economic development, public health, education, and environmental topics.
- Experience serving as the point person for all matters related to the running of a WordPress website, including liaising with developer teams on fixes, building new pages based on templates, troubleshooting day-to-day issues, and determining when to bring in developer resources for new initiatives and bigger challenges.
- Past experience sourcing, analyzing, and presenting Comms-related analytics such as social media and Web site analytics and SEO rankings.
- Understanding of SEO best practices, and familiarity with SEO optimization tools and processes.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, FIGMA, Canva, and willingness to learn about other emerging visual and content-related collaboration tools.
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in both startups and larger organizations, as well as agency and in-house roles.
- Experience living and working in different cultures (time spent in emerging markets strongly preferred).
- Foreign language skills (French and/or Spanish proficiency preferred).
- Experience identifying, sourcing, writing, editing, and publishing nuanced, on-brand content across social media channels (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram) for service-oriented organizations or brands.
- Experience creating design briefs for social media assets (graphics, GIFs, video, Instagram or LinkedIn stories), selecting on-brand visual assets for social (e.g. from internal photo databases, Shuttersock, Unsplash) and managing in-house or external design resources.
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or independently obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
You will serve as a core member of Dalberg’s Global Strategic Communications team and support a wide range of initiatives designed to help the firm grow its reach and engagement across all of our channels. You will collaborate with staff across regions to help identify, develop and publish content on our channels as well as support the management of Dalberg’s global website. Your work will be done against the backdrop of news cycles and cultural and development trends within a firm that is growing both in size and public visibility. This is a natural position for an entrepreneurial Communications professional who is looking for opportunities to grow professionally and is also passionate about driving social impact.
- Work directly with Dalberg staff around the world to identify and shape project work, ideas, and insights into compelling content for Dalberg channels (e.g., website, newsletter, social media) and external publications that strengthen Dalberg’s profile and brand equity .
- Spearhead new experiments designed to grow the quantity and quality of reach and engagement across social media platforms.
- Publish new content on our website, taking finalized copy and images from a Word document to a Web page complete with graphics and correct formatting.
- Lead and contribute to the design of new visuals and graphics for all of Dalberg’s channels, notably the website, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Analyze and report on visitor traffic across all Dalberg platforms, distilling key insights for communicate to senior staffs.
- Work in close collaboration with the global comms editorial team and a network of select contractors.
Executive Assistant – Global Shared Services
Typical Qualifications for an Executive Assistant:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of work experience, with at least 2-3 years in an Executive Assistant role to a Vice President/Director level in an MNC.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and working with senior management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
As an Executive Assistant, you will be primarily expected to support the Global Chief Operating Officer and one or more partners across Dalberg’s Europe offices. You will be required to operate out of one of our Europe or Africa offices.
- Diary and calendar management, including scheduling and facilitating meetings, prioritising meetings as required, optimizing time and schedules, etc.
- Expense management: tracking expenses, managing invoices, preparing and submitting expense reports.
- Administrative support:
- Travel and logistics: managing travel including flights, hotels, visa requirements, and local travel arrangements.
- Support with logistics for team meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- Document handling, email management, etc.
- Preparing basic pre and post-meeting notes for client meetings, undertaking basic research as required, preparing PowerPoint slides, writing memos, etc.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre,. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location.
Your application should include the following:
- Cover letter.
- 4-5 writing samples with brief contextual background included for each example (examples ideally highlight newsletter experience, past internal communications examples, and/or process outlines).
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for several interviews to test editorial and conceptual thinking skills through editorially focused questions and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.