Jobs at Dove Nest Lodge
Dove Nest Lodge
Jobs at Dove Nest Lodge,
Jobs at Dove Nest Lodge
Dove Nest Lodge Naivasha is a perfect destination for the serious holiday makers or business executives looking for ambient accommodation and service in an unmatched serene atmosphere. Whether you choose to dine in our state of the art restaurant or in any of the cubicles within the lodge’s beautifully manicured gardens, or by the bush bar, or in the comfort…
We are looking for an organized, experienced store keeper to be responsible for all stock, staff
management, and planning promotional campaigns for the store.
To be successful as a store keeper you must be able to multitask and perform under pressure while
remaining professional with customers. A good store keeper is able to manage stock by keeping a record
of sales and ordering the required replacement items, occasionally making new product purchases that
consumers may enjoy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track, document, and resolve any discrepancies on received orders
- Ensure accuracy of the facility’s inventory system by updating records of physical inventory totals, receipts, adjustments, and returns
- Manage inventory/supplies and ensure they are within the established minimum and maximum levels
- Keep up-to-date records of receipts, records, and withdrawals from the stockroom
- Keeping a record of sales and restocking the store accordingly.
- Managing and training store staff.
- Planning promotional campaigns for new products or specials.
- Ensuring that the store is kept clean and organized.
- Responsible for packing, pricing, labeling, and returning supplies
- Responsible for stock rotation and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
- Oversee the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and minor repairs
- Manage supplier relations and database as well as maintain high ethical relationships both internally and externally
- Create purchase orders and utilize purchasing card to perform low-value procurement activities
- Responsible for shipping cancelled or damaged items back to suppliers as appropriate.
- A degree/Higher Diploma in procurement.
- 3 years’ work experience in storekeeping.
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Energetic: The job of a storekeeper requires some physical labor, so it is vital that they can lift 50
- pounds unaided
- Computer Skills: Applicants are required to have some computer skills to work with computerized
- inventory system and data entry skills to update the inventory control system
- Communication Skills: They need great written and verbal communication skills to work
- effectively with others and maintain appropriate store records
Front Office Personnel/Receptionist
We are seeking a professional and talented front office personnel to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for all aspects of our front office operations. Your duties will include checking guests in and out of the hotel, as well as performing administrative tasks such as managing online booking and telephonic bookings, and verifying guests’ payment methods during check-in. You should have a pleasant and professional disposition with guests and other hotel staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checking guests in and out.
- Receiving and managing reservations made online and telephonically.
- Verifying guests’ payment methods during check-in.
- Assigning rooms to guests and informing them of any specials offered by the hotel.
- Organizing transport services for guests at their request.
- Providing guests with information about the hotel.
- Maintain updated records of bookings and payments
- Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy and fully-furnished to accommodate guests’ needs
- Confirm group reservations and arrange personalized services for VIP customers and event attendees, like wedding guests
- Keeping abreast of attractions that may be of interest to guests.
- Serving as a host at conferences, and ensuring that all relevant preparations are made for the event.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in hospitality management or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar role in hospitality industry.
- Previous hospitality experience would be advantageous.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-presented and professional appearance.
- Competency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have flexible hours.
We’re looking for a professional, experienced Head Waiter to perform impeccable Restaurant services and provide our guests with a safe and clean environment for an exceptional stay with us. You’ll lead the Service team, ensure team members comply with high standards of cleanliness and sanitation protocol, experience in a supervisory role overseeing service staff or a similar role is required. Excellent communication skills and leadership experience, you’re highly encourage you to apply.
Head Waiter Responsibilities
- Train and supervise restaurant servers to give high standards of service in terms of time, quality and personalization.
- Supervises the mise-en-place of the assigned station to ensure a smooth service during operation.
- Inspect table layouts in the station ensuring that they meet the standards set.
- Check and ensure the serviceability of equipment and furniture.
- Sell food and beverage so as to meet restaurant budgets.
- Take food and beverage orders correctly.
- Give wine service according to international practices.
- Prepare flambe items, if offered by the restaurant, with showmanship and authenticity in preparation
- Control the inventory of cutlery and service equipment allotted to the station.
- Assign duties ensuring equity of work
- Ensure that staff meets hygiene and discipline standards.
- Ensure that the station is free from dust
Head Waiter Qualifications
- A Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Management.
- At least 2+ years’ experience in a busy hotel.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental services (EVS), including detailed cleaning processes and a wide range of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Applicants should be excellent leaders, detail-oriented, and demonstrate a commitment to customer service
Method of Application
To apply, send your cv only to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12 th December 2022.Clearly indicate the exact position applied for and your minimum salary expectations on the subject line, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.