Jobs at GardaWorld
Jobs at GardaWorld,
Jobs at GardaWorld
GardaWorld International Protective Services is the international security division of GardaWorld Security Corporation, the world’s largest privately owned security company. Our services include static security, consulting, threat monitoring and reporting, crisis response, logistical support, mobile security, close protection, training and risk management.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Senior HR Officer – Employee Relations
- Job Summary
The Senior HR Officer, Employee relations-Kenya will work closely with the Head of HR, Kenya to ensure the implementation of Human Resource policies, procedures, and regulations which are aligned to Strategic and Business goals considering application of relevant law and company policy. The incumbent will contribute towards the development of a fair, respectful, diverse, and high-performance environment enabling people to contribute their best. They will handle various matters including drafting and reviewing contracts, conducting legal research, assisting with litigation, and generally dealing with corporate and commercial matters across the Kenya operations.
- Lead in the on-boarding and induction of new staff including training on HR policies, disciplinary code and code of ethics.
- Promote employer-employee engagement by providing guidance and consultation regarding problem solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance and strive to resolve internal conflict both formally and informally through appropriate conflict management and mediation techniques.
- Support in the development and facilitate the administration of HR policies and procedures; create awareness to ensure compliance throughout the company; Analyse staff data and provide recommendations for improvement of organization’s HR policies and practices.
- Keep updated with changes to employment and labour relation laws and regulations and make recommendations to management on the adoption of best practice.
- Analyse, advise and facilitate the end-to-end disciplinary management process including but not limited to grievance handling, dispute resolution, investigations, and disciplinary action for legal and policy compliance and internal alignment on corrective actions.
- Participate in negotiations and consultation with the staff Union and its representative (s) on behalf of the Company with a view to achieving positive outcomes to proposals which meet the Company’s business goals.
- Interpret and administer labour agreements entered by the Company.
- Maintain harmonious industrial relations with the various bodies the Company interacts within the performance of its business. This includes the Ministry of Labour, DOSH office, FKE (Federation of Kenyan Employers), Unions etc.
- Monitoring and/or advising on changes to legislation and regulations that affect the organisation’s statutory obligations.
- Take lead on all litigation and dispute resolution cases in the Kenya business.
- Maintaining the Kenyan litigation tracker in close collaboration with external lawyers.
- Drafting and review of employment and consultancy contracts.
- Drafting a wide range of legal documents including correspondence, pleadings, notices and affidavits.
- Preparation of court attendance forms, following up on witnesses, obtaining and evaluating necessary evidence, and defence strategy with respect to litigation matters, including dispute resolution.
- Building and maintaining good rapport with internal clients and providing commercial legal support to departmental projects and job functions.
- Provide all such other administrative and other duties as directed by the Head of HR, Kenya.
Principal Outputs Of This Role
- Improved industrial relations scorecard
- Collective Bargaining Agreements that ensure win-win scenarios for employer-employee
- Fair administration of justice within company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Providing sound counsel with respect to all legal matters, to provide effective risk management to the organisation
- Representing the organisation, as required, with respect to legal proceedings
- Maintaining a current knowledge of all material and applicable laws, advising the organisation with respect to changes to the same
- Interpreting laws and regulations for individuals and corporate organization, in order to advise on the same
- Knowledge of court rules and procedures, administrative hearings, land and company’s registry procedures.
- Demonstrating moral fortitude and ethical behaviour always.
Refer to KK Security Authority Matrix.
The Senior HR Officer, Employee relations-Kenya is accountable to the Head of HR, Kenya for ensuring that HR legal operations are run in accordance with company policies and for other responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through regular performance reviews and supported through the monitoring of KPIs as guided by KK Security HR Policies.
- Excellent research, analysis and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management skills
- Excellent written &verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of civil litigation, corporate law and commercial law
- Competent, prompt, diligent and ability to work under pressure and deliver within set deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner
- Demonstrated willingness to engage in professional development activities in order to develop and improve new and current skills and to adapt to evolving needs of the organization
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the HR department as a whole
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a law firm or as internal legal counsel in a corporate environment with a bias to employment and/or commercial law.
- At least 4 years’ experience managing employment/labour related practices in a unionisable environment.
- A valid practicing certificate.
The Quality Controller –Is the custodian of Quality Management and Assurance Systems in the Body Building workshop. He/she supports the production process by ensuring compliance to government legislation and that company goals and standards are met and maintained.
- Materials Management
- Creating bill of materials for all units in Bodybuilding
- Ensure production continuity through timely issuance of materials
- Issuing the right materials to workshop technicians
- Minimizing material wastage
- Managing the cutting list for buses and trucks
- Monitoring the cutting list for each bus & truck lines to ensure correct amount of materials is used
- Ensuring the correct quality of material is used in all buses & trucks
- Ensuring optimal usage of materials by the technicians
- Enhancing Material Accessibility
- Achieve the best workshop layout and planning for easy access of materials
- Improve material accessibility to make the fabrication process more efficient
- Strictly carrying out step by step quality control checks in line with the Work In progress quality inspection checklist (from start to finish) on all units in production.
- Making drawings for all units in accordance to KEBS and KABM standards
- Ensuring that all buses conform to the KS372 KEBS standard to ensure that safety and comfort per government standards
- Production Support and Supervision:
- To provide support to body building staff to ensure the company targets and goals are met
- Assisting workshop leadership in supervising duties to ensure smooth running of workshop affairs
- Troubleshoot factors that may hinder production flow and continuity and address them early
- Assist in ensuring policy and procedure compliance by staff in the bodybuilding department
- Operation of sensitive machinery e.g. laser cutting machine and stencil cutter
- Generation of bill of materials for all units in Bodybuilding workshop
- Liaising with Internal Audit Department in the verification of and ascertaining the quality of materials being procured prior to receipt.
- Risk Mitigation and Cost Reduction:
- Identify possible risks and develop possible ways to mitigate them
- Create bills of materials that curb wastage
- Advice top management on action plans and controls to implement when gaps are identified
- Training body building staff on efficient processes for efficiency and increased performance
- Business Development & Customer Relations:
- Ensure that the company is kept informed of new development of new designs in the market
- Ensure that clients are treated with respect and dignity when they visit the workshop
- Promote satisfactory relations with stakeholders in order to bring in more business
- Promote the organization externally through wearing branded merchandise, social media and word of mouth
- Tools and Equipment Maintenance
- Ensure percentage planned maintenance, that is, machine breakdown due to bad quality of materials, is low
- Checking the conditions of the tools and equipment used to avoid any form of injury
- Design and Production Support
- Supervising construction of special trucks to ensure quality production
- Advising truck fabricators on how to fabricate special bodies while minimizing material cost
- Helping in design work to improve on aesthetics and ergonomics of the vehicle
- Employee may be assigned any other tasks by management on a need basis
Principal Outputs Of This Role
These should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time bound objectives.
- Quality control of units from Body Building
- Constant Monitoring of set BOM
- Number of customer complaints
- Percentages of wasted materials
- Turnaround time of drawings
Refer to Company Authority Matrix.
The Quality Controller is accountable to the Production Manager for the responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) .
Essential Personal Traits
- Decision making and Problem solving
- Analytical Skills
- Conflicts resolution and Negotiation
- Effective communication Skills
- Attention to detail
- People skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Team Leader
- Team Player
- Improvement focus: self-organization, efficient
- High internal standard for success: excellent
- Self-Confident: influential, adaptable
- Takes initiative, self-starter
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Course.
- EBK Registration
- At least two (2) years’ experience of Quality Control in a Body Building Workshop.
The Bid Manager is responsible for administering bids in response to request for proposals and ensuring continuous improvement on the quality and success of KK/ GardaWorld bids and proposals submitted.
- Administer and manage bids ensuring that all RFP requirements have been addressed as fully as possible and ensure that the company has given itself its best chance of success;
- Continuously seek business opportunities by reading through the newspapers, online medium, government portals and pick out bid adverts related to any service or goods that KK can participate;
- Arrange to purchase bids documents and produce the tendering plan in liaison with the core tendering team;
- Initiate bid kick-off meetings and determine the scope and timeline of new bids;
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of the bid ensuring that other contributors provide information on time to the correct standard answering the client’s needs to ensure that a winning bid response has been given;
- Provide thought leadership and experience of previous opportunities to the team to influence the bid strategy and approach to the customer.
- Review and revise documents prepared by others and coordinate the preparation of those materials in a completed bid document;
- Take responsibility of submitting a completed bid on time, in an organized fashion and within budget . Attend Pre-bid and tender openings;
- Prepare and submit monthly bids status reports for decision making;
- Take ownership and coordination of contracts – maintaining currency of contracts and ensuring that the contracts are used correctly across the business;
- Participate in other sales and marketing functions in a support capacity as required. Support the SSEs in proposal preparation for tier one bids;
- Research on market dynamics, competition and bid responses to continuously improve the quality and success of KK/GardaWorld bids and proposals;
- Develop and Maintain bid material library and automated management system
Principal Outputs Of This Role
- Effective administration of bids and dispatched 24hrs before the time deadline
- Efficient bid response by ensuring full documentation and bids requirements are submitted
- Improved tender presentation
- Efficient bid documentation
Refer to KK/GardaWorld authority matrix
The Bid Manager is accountable to the Senior Manager,CST for the responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of KPIs.
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers.
- A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and social skills.
- A forward planner with clear focus, well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Have a high sense of accuracy, attention for detail and with strong analytical ability.
- Business acumen, strategic thinker with ability to make sound decisions for the business
- Have good numeracy, problem analysis and reporting skills;
- High moral standing with impeccable integrity; and
- Good market research skills and conversant with the market trends within the industry.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business administration or sales and marketing;
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in bid or contract management or security marketing
- IT proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Solid proposal management experience and good industry-specific knowledge
- Knowledge of document management methods and an understanding of PPAD(Public Procurement and Asset Disposal) laws act 2015
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.