Jobs at Girl Effect
Jobs at Girl Effect,
Jobs at Girl Effect
Girl Effect is a non-profit working with girls to change their lives, empowering them to navigate the pivotal time of adolescence, so they are enabled to live a healthy life, participate in school, and prepare for their future financially.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Senior Manager, Qualitative & Quantitative Insights
What you will do
Team Leadership & Management
- Line manage the Global Research TEGA Manager ensuring their work across the TEGA portfolio and broader insights work is allocated effectively and supported as necessary
- Provide technical research, monitoring and evaluation support to country-based evidence teams as required, including dotted line management of the TEGA research leads in country
- Sit within the Senior Evidence & Insights Team, inputting into the strategic planning of the function as a whole as well as day-to-day management of resources
- Act as the global Evidence & Insights lead for TEGA, working closely with colleagues in the TEGA project team to ensure it is constantly learning and improving as a methodology and identifying larger development or innovation opportunities as appropriate
- Support the design and delivery of research and monitoring projects for Girl Effect, both in country and centrally, ensuring it is used regularly, appropriately and optimally
- Manage all our client work for TEGA, ensuring the outputs are delivered to the highest quality and directly to the clients’ brief. Clients to date have included major NGOs like Oxfam, CRS, DFID, Grand Challenges and Vodafone Foundation
- In collaboration with Partnerships team support the development and writing of bids and proposals to clients and donors
- Lead your team in overseeing the research training and development of the TEGAs themselves, ensuring it is designed and delivered to the highest quality
Wider research & insights
- Support the development and implementation using TEGA for learning and adaptation our to ensure we routinely understand how our audience is responding to our work, and feeding those learnings back into our programme design
- Develop a toolkit of methods to best meet common girl insight and monitoring needs of teams across Girl Effect with a focus on our creative and brand strategy teams and working closely with gender and safeguarding specialists and in-country evidence and insights teams
- Build capacity in girl centred research, monitoring and evaluation skills across Girl Effect’s evidence and insights teams globally
- Oversight of ongoing youth participatory evolutions being led by the TEGA specialist
- Disseminate Girl Effect’s learning and results internally and externally
- Innovate and drive improvements in our methodological approaches, ensuring that our methods adhere to ‘lean research’ principles, are girl-centred and, where relevant, girl-led
- Ensure that research outputs are accessible and readily understandable, and promote research uptake for strategy development and external communications
- Represent Girl Effect at external conferences and events, through presentations and other knowledge sharing activities as required
Who you are
- Demonstrable experience in using innovative participatory research methods, especially with young people and preferably within one or more of the media, communication, international development or social change sectors
- Advanced qualitative research design and analysis skills including hands-on experience of applied research in emerging markets or developing contexts
- Demonstrated skills in producing high quality, innovative and engaging research reports, presentations and briefings for diverse audiences – technical and non-technical
- Experience of developing research strategies with a variety of partners and and programmes of research to reflect organisational priorities.
- Strong project management skills, including developing clear internal communications systems and work plans, templates and reporting frameworks
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity about the contexts within which Girl Effect operates
- Experience coordinating workstreams across multiple geographies and ability to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
- Excellent written and spoken English, with an ability to cut through complexity and communicate effectively to multi-disciplinary audiences
- Creative and inquisitive mindset with strong communication and organisational skills
- Experience of line management, objective setting and capacity and supporting building other researchers
- An understanding of safeguarding and research with young people or vulnerable groups.
- Commitment to realising the potential of girls and to the vision and values of Girl Effect
- Experienced managing and mentoring a high functioning research-focused team
- Experience working with marginalised groups and communities, particularly youth
- Experience in training and mentoring others in research methods, data analysis and reporting
- Experience in designing and conducting research and evaluation for digital programming
- Background in monitoring and evaluation, particularly around programmes that relate to women and girls is highly desirable
- Masters or postgraduate degree in the social sciences
Terms of Reference: Family Planning Specialist (Individual Consultant)
- Context of the Role
We’re looking for a technical family planning expert who can support Girl Effect global and country teams on the design and delivery of the programme outlined above, with a focus on equity.
Duties to include:
- Work with the teams to resolve significant technical and strategic questions related to family planning.
- Provide technical input into documents related to the programme, including but not limited to; in-country session preparations, multi-media content, literature reviews and research protocols.
- Advise on programme creative outputs such as content messaging, products, and services designed with and for young women and girls.
- Attend and contribute to meetings across the design and delivery phase of the programme as requested.
- Assist teams in identifying and engaging relevant stakeholders in the family planning sector.
- Support the development of indicators with the Girl Effect’s Evidence and Insights team, negotiating with the SBCC team to ensure adherence to Girl Effect’s Theory of Change (ToC).
- As needed, provide strategic input and support to bolster the GE-MSD partnership inclusive of:
- Drafting documents related to MSD for Mothers reporting, including but not limited to; midline and annual reports, donor presentations, GE-MSD meeting briefings and correspondence.
- Attending and contributing to MSD meetings or preparations as requested.
- Identifying and facilitating opportunities to showcase the GE-MSD partnership on outlets where family planning innovations are highlighted.
- Contribute to the development of future grant applications and funding opportunities which include a family planning component.
Who You Are
- An expert in family planning and reproductive health service delivery with experience designing and implementing high-impact interventions.
- You possess strong knowledge of the unique realities of youth, especially Kenyan girls from low-middle income backgrounds.
- Deep knowledge of the landscape for family planning programming in Kenya, including related key MOH priorities.
- You have a proven ability to work with internationally dispersed cross-functional programme teams, delivering robust and clear technical inputs.
- Expertise developing relationships and coordinating with key stakeholders, including government officials, implementing and civil society partners, and other non-governmental organisations.
- Demonstrable experience in government policy analysis or development and of working with policy makers.
- Fluency in speaking Kiswahili and English.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.