Jobs at HCS Africa
Jobs at HCS Africa,
Jobs at HCS Africa
The name HCS Africa is derived from carefully selected words: ‘Human’, referring to our people-oriented approach, ‘Capital’, referring to our commitment of increase in profit, and ‘Synergies’, referring to the collaborative nature of our organization. Therefore our service provisions and methodologies are wholly centered on adding value to …
ICT Sales Representative
The role will require the successful candidate to meet or exceed the assigned sales revenue targets by:
- Must have good knowledge of the Geographical area and Corporates in the Coastal region.
- Sales of Security systems ie: Fortinet, Checkpoint, Kaspersky, Symantec.
- Sales of Software services ie: Cloud, Business Intelligence, ERP, CRM.
- Locating or proposing potential business deals by contacting potential partners, clients to explore and discover business opportunities.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Working with technical teams to oversee and actual development of proposals and responses to customer RFPs or requests in a timely manner.
- Screening potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending
- Keeping abreast of relevant RFPs and ensuring knowledge of relevant activities in the public sector and specific accounts.
- Conducting Cold/Warm phone calls to potential clients to set up meetings for purpose of exploring opportunities.
- Visiting clients to identify and locate new business opportunities
- Diligently follow up on all opportunities and leads to conclusion
- Supervise and oversee the account management function, leading meetings, receive and prepare reports.
- Profile and analyze competitors and develop counter measures/proposals that place the organization as the preferred provider for potential business.
- Carry out informal market research to understand the market and prepare appropriate response strategies with respect to the hardware and software solutions.
Networking and personal development
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Any other responsibilities as may be designated by the management.
Desired technical skills:
- Good knowledge of ICT market in Kenya and the region
- Technical Proposal and report writing skills
- Sales Management and negotiation skills
- Business Acumen
- Marketing and product development skills
- Project management skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Rapport and relationship building abilities
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Innovative and creative
- Results driven
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Problem solving skills, organizing and planning abilities
- A degree in IT or Business-Related Course with at least 3 years’ experience in business development in the ICT sector in Kenya and/or the region.
Key duties responsibilities and approximate time split:
Business Management 70%
- Compile and analyse financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide financial reports as required within agreed deadlines.
- Analyse and review company budgets and expenditure.
- Support the establishment, modification, documentation and coordinate the implementation of accounting processes and procedures.
- Prepare and review company budget, revenue, expense, invoices and other accounting documents.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Recommend, develop and maintain accounting data bases and manual filing systems.
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for company automated financial systems.
- Ensure monthly closures are within agreed deadlines.
- Prepare Management Accounts Quarterly.
- Close Interim and Final Audits with the External Auditors.
- Provide accounting policy and procedures orientation for new staff.
Team working 15%
- Managing team activity to ensure the smooth running of the Head Office and Branch accounts units.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as necessary and undertake any other responsibilities/duties as requested by the Group Financial Controller and Managing Director in a professional and timely manner.
- Work as part of the Head Office team and to communicate effectively with others
- Attend and contribute to office/team meetings as appropriate.
Team Leading 10%
- Lead the Head Office and Branch Accounts teams in achieving desired targets and results.
- Staff and self-development – carry out performance reviews in line with the performance management process.
- Review training and development needs on ongoing basis for self and team within the continuous feedback framework.
- Attend any necessary training courses to ensure professional and personal development in the role.
- Adhere to company policy and procedures at all times.
- Ensure client and company confidentiality at all times
- Contribute to the company profitability by keeping expenses/overheads down.
- Attend client events where appropriate.
- Review all practices on ongoing basis for opportunities for continuous improvement.
Skills and attributes required to undertake the role:
- Analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Relationship Management
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Communication and Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Highly numerical
- Results Focus
- Team player
- PC skills
Knowledge of the Company products, services and policies and/or other specialist knowledge required to undertake the role:
- Good knowledge of the company and industry travel and tour policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of accounting techniques and principles
- Working knowledge of the industry products
- Working knowledge of the tours & travel.
- Good knowledge of legislation covering accounting processes
Other requirements specific to the role:
- Graduate calibre – Bachelor of Commerce or its equivalent.
- CPA qualification or equivalent
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role and may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Industry processes and procedures
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role:
- May be called upon to work during odd hours, official rest days and holidays.
- At least 8 years’ experience and must have a proven track record of achievement in a similar role in a busy accounting environment.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates to send their applications, daytime contacts and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.orgA