Jobs at International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee
Jobs at International Rescue Committee,
Jobs at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Build Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator
The M&E Coordinator will be responsible for refining and implementing the program’s M&E Strategy, in accordance with IRC, partners, and international best practice. The M&E Coordinator will report tthe Deputy Program Director and will work closely with technical leads tensure that relevant data is collected, analyzed, and used tinform management, design and implementation decisions, and tprovide project progress updates, as required. A key role of the M&E Coordinator is tsupport country M&E and Client Responsiveness (CR) teams tcollect, use, and analyze data ttrack project progress and inform meaningful course correction and iterative program design decisions. The M&E Coordinator will ensure senior management staff have data that is tailored ttheir decision- making processes.
- Take lead in the annual review of the Re:Build M&E strategy and processes
- Strengthen and manage the monitoring and evaluation system across all project components that leverages qualitative and quantitative methods, and draws from a variety of data sources tmeasure progress and evaluate impact, as well as support collaboration, learning, and adaptation
- Ensure alignment with broader country and IRC measurement strategy
- Conduct regular reviews of project data and progress tenable management tmake evidence-based decisions and easy course correction.
- Contribute tthe learning processes
- Collaborate with the Learning and Knowledge Coordinator tConvene learning sessions and other learning practices for project staff and partners
- Track and document best practices in monitoring and evaluation
- Coordinate documentation of lessons learned and change stories
Data collection, Analysis and Reporting
- Coordinate country M&E and Client Responsiveness teams tundertake regular data cleaning, analysis, and sharing of results
- Develop monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports
- Develop and maintain an effective electronic, cloud-based database including the corresponding monitoring and measurement tools in line with IRC Monitoring standards.
- Monitor project activities, outputs, outcomes and progress towards anticipated results
- Undertake regular data audits and quality checks and coordinate country teams tresolve any gaps
- Monitor data storage and secure accessibility of data by project staff and partners
- Support data visualization and interpretation
Project Management and compliance:
- Manage consultants engaged tundertake surveys or evaluations including drawing up TORs and data quality assurance.
- Conduct regular visits tproject sites, , tprovide technical assistance and ensure proper monitoring of project activities.
- Collaborate with the Re:Build Learning and Knowledge coordinator and the Research Coordinator tensure that the project’s M&E systems and processes support the project’s research and learning agenda
- Collaborate with project managers and HR in the recruitment of Re:Build country-level M&E and Client Responsiveness staff.
- Contribute tcapacity building of project staff and partner organizations tdesign and utilize digitalized and standardized M&E tools, surveys, evaluations and other M&E activities
- Provide technical supervision and capacity for M&E & CR staff and project staff as needed.
Budget planning and management
- Manage M&E and Client Responsiveness (CR) component in the program budget in line with the approved implementation and spending plans.
- Ensure efficient utilization of M & E and CR financial and program resources (value for money).
- Ensure that financial controls, reports and accountability standards are maintained.
- Lead the development of annual M&E and CR workplans and budgets as well as lead M&E & CR teams timplement on schedule and within budget.
- Degree from an accredited university in M&E, economics, international development, or related field;
- Demonstrated experience managing M&E teams;
- Minimum of five years of experience in M&E for similar livelihoods programming. Experience with projects designed tcreate systemic change in enterprise development and employment for refugees and displaced populations preferred.
- Significant previous experience carrying out M&E activities in humanitarian or development contexts; experience working in East Africa preferred.
- Experience developing and managing systems for collection and management of monitoring data; experience in using Commcare and Power BI preferred.
- Experience conducting critical data analysis and report writing
- Experience in client feedback management preferred
- Experience building capacity and managing teams tconduct M&E activities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability tdevelop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Fluency in English required.
Build Learning & Knowledge Coordinator
IRC is seeking a Learning and Knowledge Coordinator, to be based in Nairobi for its IKEA Foundation funded five-year, urban livelihoods program: Refugees in East Africa: Boosting Urban Innovations for Livelihoods Development (Re:Build). Re:Build aims to support refugee and host communities in Nairobi and Kampala to achieve economic self-reliance through supporting 1) Access to sustainable livelihoods and 2) Ensuring that strong markets and effective and responsive city services are accessible to all. The Learning and Knowledge Coordinator will be part of the Program Management Team and will report directly to the Deputy Program Director. The L&K coordinator will be responsible for assessing and strengthening knowledge management across the various learning efforts in Re:Build. Their work will inform program strategy and decision-making and improve information flow and use across the team.
Re:Build aims to expand the evidence base for what works to support urban refugees to achieve economic self-reliance. To achieve this, Re:Build is learning-oriented and adaptive. The program prioritizes intentional learning from a variety of sources – ranging from project monitoring data, context analysis, client and community feedback, research studies, and pilots – and uses this information to test the program strategy and adapt as needed. The L&K Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the program team has the right information at the right time, surfaces patterns and key learnings, thinks critically about the implications, and facilitates decision-making to adapt on the basis of learnings. The L&K Coordinator will also support identification and packaging of knowledge products for dissemination internally and externally.
- With guidance from the Deputy Program Director, identify the types of information or learning needed across program and operational pillars to test the effectiveness of the program strategy and inform strategic programming decisions.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Program Director to develop a learning and knowledge management strategy.
- Map the program’s data sources and information flows and routinely assess whether the right information reaches the right staff at the right times, proposing improvements and facilitate changes where appropriate
- Maintain a carefully organized, quality controlled and regularly updated repository of programmatic learning that can be readily accessed by program staff and partners
- Track and synthesize trends and lessons across quarters/years and elevate these in annual planning and adaptation sessions.
- Document adaptations made to the program strategy and the rationale for decisions taken
- Lead in managing and updating the project risk register, including supporting project managers is risk surveillance.
- Manage and optimize existing reflection and learning routines including program implementation meetings, partner meetings and the annual Program Learning Conferences
- Ensure the cadence, sequence and strategies for reflection and adaptation activities are aligned with critical decision-making moments within the program
- Facilitate regular discussions with staff who lead data collection and analysis efforts (e.g., M&E Coordinator, Partnership Coordinator, Research Coordinator, Client Responsiveness Lead, partner organization leads) to identify emergent trends and implications for program design and quality.
- Initiate and facilitate discussions and scenario planning with the program team to bring together emergent project learning from different sources and to facilitate critical thinking about how the program should (or should not) adapt its strategy based on this learning
- Support the senior management team to identify implications for decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, data science, social or behavioral sciences or related, or equivalent work experience. A Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience in a role with significant learning, accountability, knowledge management and/or data analytics, interpretation and usage responsibilities
- Experience synthesizing complex qualitative and quantitative information to distill clear takeaways
- Excellent (written/oral) communication and interpersonal skills with a strong service-orientation and ability to effectively communicate with various audiences
- Strong facilitation, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to critically analyze diverse information and make sound inferences
- Experience supporting humanitarian or international development programs. Experience working with large NGOs, a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and familiarity with web-based systems such as Box, Google Drive. Experience with Commcare and/or PowerBI a plus (but not required)
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested and qualified? Go to International Rescue Committee on rescue.csod.com to apply