Jobs at Oxfam
Jobs at Oxfam,
Jobs at Oxfam
In Kenya, Oxfam works with others to alleviate poverty and inequality. We work with the most vulnerable communities in the dry and remote northern regions, and in the impoverished slums of the capital, Nairobi. In Kenya, the highest poverty levels are in the northern pastoralist districts – in some areas 95% of people fall below the poverty line. Like …
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Education & Gender Programme Officer
We are looking for a Programme Officer – Education & Gender to support the implementation and management of the highest quality, effective and impactful of the Education programme and mainstreaming of gender and women’s rights in the other programs. The Programme Officer (PO) will be a key member of the program team and will work closely with other program team members in other areas of interest for Gender Justice thematic area under the overall leadership of the Gender Justice Team Leader.
What we are looking for a result oriented individual to support with;
Project Development, Management and Implementation:
- The Programme Officer will be responsible for the planning, implementation and management of the Education projects and mainstreaming of gender and women’s rights in the other Programmes.
- Support NGO partners in programme/project development through technical advice on participatory community engagement, district level consultation and project design.
- Coordinate with internal advisors and staff for required input into supporting partners programme development.
- Relationship and team building with the different government and non-government partners.
- Provide specialist advice for gender and women’s rights mainstreaming in the Just Economies and Humanitarian programmes
- Responsible for effective use and control of project resources such as vehicles.
- Ensure that women’s rights are at the centre of our Gender Justice, Just Economies and Humanitarian work
- Facilitate setting up of systems and procedures for better management of partner organisations, especially for monitoring and reporting
- Closely work with the grant receiving partners to mutually agree on detailed operational plans, budgets, indicators for measuring achievements as well as monitoring, evaluation and learning framework in line with Oxfam Southern Africa Cluster Gender Justice Strategic Framework, programme framework and plans.
- Identify any emerging opportunities for wider partnerships in the Just Economies and Humanitarian thematic areas.
- Undertake regular and mutually agreed review visits to partners and provide guidance on enhancing the quality of programmes.
- Work with internal staff and external staff to identify capacity building and training needs of partners and take initiatives to get them addressed.
- Be proactive in linking organisational development advisors to partners and vice versa in supporting partners programme implementation.
- Bring up major concerns about partners’ operations to the notice of the Gender Justice Team Leader for remedial action
- Draw up and implement partner capacity enhancement plans in a consultative manner.
- Ensure all partners follow safeguarding principles including trainings
Reporting and Work Programming:
- Make regular monitoring visits to partner organisations and project implementation sites to review progress of work and provide strategic inputs and in particular to help to ensure that programme obligations for annual and monthly planning and reporting are properly met.
- Provide regular updates to Gender Justice Team Leader on projects / programmes and the internal and external environment affecting the projects / programmes
- Work with the Gender Justice, Just Economies and humanitarian teams to develop the use of gender analysis training using relevant methodologies, problem solving, non-directive, rights sensitive and practical responses to improve the impact of Oxfam’s work with the marginalised groups, especially women.
Programme Quality and Learning:
- Work with Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning team to ensure that the MEAL Framework is effectively adopted by the partners.
- Ensure participation of partners in programme review and learning exercises led by Oxfam or jointly undertaken by several partners.
Representation Network and Alliance Building:
- Represent the Gender Justice Teams at various external fora as directed by the Gender Justice Team Leader
- Actively participate in programme meetings as a member of the programme team.
- Build and foster national alliances and networks that enhance sharing, learning and collaboration among relevant organisations and individuals.
- Adopt a proactive approach to undertaking relevant lobbying, campaigning and advocacy work to increase other people’s understanding of programme issues and to influence their approach and decisions in support of Oxfam’s work.
- Support in development of influencing strategies for the Gender Justice Program.
- Linking community level to, district level advocacy issues to the national level advocacy initiatives these could include Facilitating and/or organising key stakeholder meetings
- In liaison with the Media and Communications Coordinator, actively support visibility of the Gender Justice program through documentation, production of communication materials and sharing of materials through structured and un-structured fora.
- Engaging with and support Gender Justice related research, and also input in the Research studies commissioned by other Programs
- Linking local civil society organisations to national, regional and international bodies
- Support other Theme teams to build gender linkages between different country-level stakeholders, particularly ensuring national coalitions / alliances are linked to grassroots partners and vice versa.
Funding and Donor Management:
- Ensure compliance with back donor requirements especially, timely submission of quality descriptive and financial reports;
- Participate in funding raising activities in country and at regional level
- Participate in relevant fund-raising activities, monitoring funding opportunities and support response to these opportunities with approved concept notes/proposals to ensure programme continuity.
- Assist in the development of sector related donor proposals, budget submissions and other necessary activities to secure funding for the programme;
- Assist in drafting high quality reports according to donor contract agreements.
- Manage Oxfam in Malawi’s various resources under custody of the Programme Officer.
Closing Date: 23 November 2022
Gender Justice Programme Assistant
We are looking for a Gender Justice Programme Assistant to support roles under Malawi Gender Justice Pillar who will assist program team in implementing project activities as below;
- Undertake all logistical arrangements for the department for meetings, workshops and events
- Support the convening of meetings of stakeholders working on gender, education and SRHR and draft meeting minutes as delegated
- Assembling briefing materials and prepare power point and other presentations, in collaboration with program team
- Organize and coordinate filing of project documents, workplans, progress reports, budgets and other implementation documents
- Support program team in partnership management
- Support program team with capacity building of partners implementing gender justice projects
- Support program team with quarterly partner and project reviews
- Assist in mobilizing and supporting partners in gender, education and SRHR advocacy
- Support MEAL team with field project monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Support safe programming approaches to partner organizations
- Support the department with compilation of activity, quarterly and annual reports
- Participate in developing /writing proposals and reviewing / finalizing reports
- Build and maintain good communication and close collaboration with the Oxfam program teams, local partners, and authorities
Closing Date:16 November 2022
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.