Jobs at Stanbic Bank
Jobs at Stanbic Bank
Jobs at Stanbic Bank
Stanbic Bank is a division of Standard Bank, a member of the Standard Bank Group, based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Stanbic Bank was adopted as a trading name in 1992, when the Standard Bank Group, then known as Standard Bank Investment Corporation, acquired the African operations of ANZ Grindlays Bank. The new name was adopted to avoid confusion with the…
Senior Compliance Officer
Update of Compliance Policies and Documentation
- To prepare the regulatory universe annually in the last quarter (by November) of the year and ensure sign off by business owners
- Ensure in conjunction with executive management, CRMPS are adopted and customized for all relevant risk legislation and regulations on an annual basis
- Ensure compliance policies and manual are reviewed at least one month before due date.
- Draft Procedures for the various Compliance Policies.
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption of all compliance, anti-money laundering and sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
- Raise awareness and provide training to bank staff on compliance policies and maintain registers of training attended.
- Ensure that the policies, procedures and manuals posted on the Compliance website are upto date.
- Scanning the environment for new regulatory requirements.
- Understanding and interpreting new regulatory requirements.
- Preparation of implementation action points for new regulatory requirements and advice the bank or specific business areas on the impact of regulatory developments.
- Ensure regulatory reports are sent within timelines.
- Query and report any issues on non-compliance with policy and regulatory requirements as soon as this is noted.
- Respond to queries from the Centre in South Africa.
- Attend Business Acceptance Forums for CIB.
- Ensure that on-boarding Checklist on the Compliance website is updated.
- Represent Compliance at New Products and Pricing Committee (NPC)
- Represent Compliance at Projects meetings Conduct in liaison with the product manager’s product risk assessment for any new products/technology.
- Attend the CIB committee meetings.
- Prepare and provide input for compliance reports to RMC, EXCO and Board committees, ensure such are submitted timely.
- Review semi-annual Compliance Self-Assessment by businesses, conducting gap analysis and update Policies and Procedures accordingly.
Safeguard the reputational risk of the bank by ensuring that the business units adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Undergraduate degree in business;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the AML/ CFT and Compliance in the banking industry;
- Comprehensive understanding of the regulatory and business environment of the banking industry.
- Understanding of business unit needs and ability to translate them into risk management solutions.
- On-going awareness of regulatory requirements related to banking
Client & Industry Research and Analysis
- Conduct research on clients within specified sector.
- Guidance on trends in specific industries within the Sector or as requested by the different stakeholders.
Client Relationship Management
- Compile and analyse information regarding sales activity and business pipeline for the allocated Sector
- Interact and liaise with clients with the purpose of providing or requesting information, to assist in the deal execution or for critical information for the bank.
- Support the Sector Head and Manager Client Coverage as and when required from an overall Client Engagement/ Insights perspective.
- Ensure that the client information is updated in all the relevant information systems.
- Compile and analyse reports on client profitability, product profitability and provide input to the budget planning and performance management process.
Support the Credit Process
Support Sector Heads and Managers: Client Coverage in the credit process including;
- Credit Applications
- Excess Management
- Compliance related issues to achieve zero write-off of debt
- Zero operational loss issues.
- Support the Sector Head to ensure satisfactory Audit ratings.
- Bachelor’s degree in business- or business-related field.
- A post graduate business degree will be considered an advantage.
- 1 to 2 years in the Banking, Financial Services or Business Consulting.
- Experience in conducting research and analytics, supported by strong computer proficiency skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.