Jobs at Summit Recruitment and search
Summit Recruitment and search
Jobs at Summit Recruitment and search,
Jobs at Summit Recruitment and search
Summit Recruitment & Search was established in 2009 to address the recruitment, mass recruitment, executive search, outsourcing and training needs of companies based in Kenya or wanting to enter the Kenyan, East African, South African and African market. We have a leading proven track record in our field in South Africa, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Rwan…
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Chief Operating Officer – Masai Mara
- Attend meetings to take notes and communicate action items at the CEO’s direction.
- Keep an up-to-date list of all action items needing the CEO’s attention that is communicated regularly and oversee day-to-day administration department.
- Regularly communicate decisions from the CEO to employees, partners and vendors.
- Regularly update the CEO on partner, grant developments and project’s status.
- Schedule, communicate and confirm meetings and manage a calendar pertaining to organization for the CEO.
- Manage relationships with funding foundations and organizations Trustees.
- Maintain an awareness of internal and external decisions.
- Write detailed internal and external reports for review by the CEO.
- Ensure quality of delivery of services across departments.
- Create, manage and communicate the organizations policies and ensure all processes, policies, and standard operating procedures are being followed.
- Work with HR to ensure the staff handbook is being followed, identify disciplinary issues and activate corrective procedures when needed and conduct spot-checks to ranger camps.
- Ensure vehicle fleet and equipment is being maintained as per the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Review and oversee procurement reports and processes to ensure timely delivery, quality of products and forward planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, public relations, or a related field.
- Must have a minimum of five years’ senior management experience.
- Must communicate fluently in Swahili.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage upwards and have passion for conservation.
- Strong attention to detail and confidence with public speaking.
- Adapt at managing tasks and balancing priorities.
- Competence in Microsoft Office suite and donor management systems.
- Legal or accounting experience a plus.
- Pilot’s license and Paramilitary training is an added advantage
- Carry out real sector analysis.
- Compile sectoral profiles of the economy to be shared with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide sector specific forecasts of the economy.
- Develop and compile databases of sector specific information.
- Liaise with policy makers, industry regulators and representative bodies.
- Fixed income and currency strategy.
- Analyse economic and financial market developments to identify potentially profitable trade ideas in the FX and fixed income markets.
- Write topical and timely flash notes on economic and market developments.
- Assist the regional head of macroeconomic research in contributing to Africa-wide publications.
- Provide economic information assisting internal and external clients in planning.
- Provide economic and market commentary and forecasts to the bank’s clients.
- Provide macroeconomic input into the equity research process.
- Contribute to flagship publications of the research team, cover and monitored key macroeconomic and market events via ad-hoc external flash notes and internal publications.
- Develop relationships with African policy makers, central bank officials and other market regulators.
- Support the sales team in terms of client coverage on an on-going basis (client meetings, calls, Bloomberg/Reuters chats).
- Participate in marketing road shows in various offshore distribution hubs.
- Organise client road shows for international investors.
- Provide analytical support to the Eurobond, local currency fixed income, FX, and equity trading desks.
- Advise senior management in various in-country offices on East Africa research and strategy
- Must have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics or a Finance related course.
- 5-7 years’ work experience in economic research writing capacity or a similar environment is desirable.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong financial modelling and report writing skills.
- Ability to identify the key issues on opportunities and develop a structured approach to resolving these issues.
- Ability to gather knowledge and research effectively.
- Technical areas of expertise should encompass knowledge of relevant legal and tax legislation.
- High emotional quotient and strong communication skills.
- Must be an independent, creative thinker with a desire to continuously improve their technical and relationship-management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within teams.
- Hard-working, proactive, takes accountability and has a desire to win as a team.
- Must pay attention to detail, drive delivery and be results-oriented.
- Able to handle a high-pressure environment.
- Contribute meaningfully through innovative ideas and approaches to the organization
- Contribute through original content creation and maintenance to the organization’s website, social media channels, email campaigns and website.
- Maintain the organization’s branding standards both internally and externally.
- Ability to identify opportunities to raise brand awareness and capitalize on them
- Contribute to build staff capacity and expand the voice to our external audience.
- Make, grow and maintain key industry media contacts to further the organization
- Maintain and contribute to the organization’s partnerships through consistent communications and content creation and distribution.
- Regularly create press releases that grow the organization’s international media exposure.
- Contribute regularly to the reporting requirements for both internal and external audiences.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields public relations, corporate communication, mass communication and journalism or other related degree from a recognized institution.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in practical communications management across a broad geography.
- Excellent ability to develop effective partnerships.
- A background in areas related to communications and conservation.
- Knowledge of an international working environment involving government, donors, and NGOs.
- Experience working with international media.
- Experience in online marketing, communication and managing social media channels
- Experience writing, editing, proofreading printed or online content for diverse audiences and creating both long and short form videos
- A personal style that inspires trust, teamwork, professionalism and cooperation.
- High quality photography skills are a plus.
- Fluency in Swahili is required, a foreign language is an added advantage.
Database Administrator (Postgres SQL)
- Ensure database security
- Ensure queries are super-fast
- Work with CTO and Developers to ensure database design can scale
- Responsible for Backups, disaster recovery, multi-node replica management
- Maintain indexes
- Create new tables, writing sorted procedures/functions
- Using open-source tools to monitor the health of the database & proactively tune queries
- Use tools to ensure you have the right metrics which will be monitored daily to ensure no slowdown
- Execute activities to ensure database high availability i.e.,99.99% uptime at PR & DR sites
- Write and Convert SQL Server stored procedures to Postgres
- Write Ad hoc SQL queries whenever the need arises
- Determine, enforce, and document database policies, procedures, and standards
- Ensure that the company is adaptable to evolving compliance regulations.
- Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree in IT / BBIT or Computer Science
- Must have a minimum of 5 years as a Database Administrator
- Excellent background managing Postgres Database is mandatory
- Good ability to use open-source tools to identify slow-running queries & potential issues
- Setting up, maintaining, and managing a multi-node replica database
- Write efficient ad-hoc queries
- Independent worker with a great work ethic to ensure the database scale is in line with Company growth
- If required, available to work out of office hours to do severe maintenance.
- Monthly petty cash checks and reconciliations.
- Coordination and preparation of monthly payroll.
- Follow up with the banks on payments and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Payments to suppliers.
- Regular cash report updates.
- Chasing receivables.
- Data entry of transactions.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Filing of all transactions with relevant support documents.
- Performing audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Computing taxes.
- Fixed Asset register maintenance.
- Ensuring that company certificates, statutory returns and tax filing is in order.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Must be a CPAK holder.
- Must have knowledge of SAP and Excel.
- Must have over 3 years working as an accountant in the automotive sector.
- Must have an Impeccable integrity and diligence.
- Should have high attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Should be organized, accurate and detail oriented.
Accounts Payable Assistant (Sage Evolution)
- Obtain from CRM Stores Clerk approved POs, scan and email to suppliers for delivery of items therein.
- Book supplier invoices in supplier sub-ledger in Sage accordingly.
- Correspond with vendors, respond to inquiries and maintain their files.
- Download from the online banking platform various EFTs and sharing them with suppliers and other relevant parties
- Preparing and set up of suppliers, staff payments, petty cash, and refunds onto online banking platform.
- Posting bank payments and allocating them to the respective sub-ledger accounts in individual supplier accounts in Sage.
- Raise purchase orders for support services and office incidentals, obtain requisite authorization and approvals, scan and email to respective suppliers.
- Upload petty cash requests onto the banking platform.
- Obtain an updated petty cash summary sheet and vouchers from Sales support and factory (Production Manager) for review to ensure that each expense line is supported by a third-party document
- Download from cloud invoices for other related parties and have these posted into Sage.
- Performing bank reconciliations on the Company’s bank accounts after booking all the payments in Sage and prepare for review by Finance Manager.
- Performing Bank reconciliations on company’s Credit cards
- Attending to walk-in suppliers on various matters.
- Participate in the CRM stock take count and recording
- Relevant bachelor’s degree
- Must have CPA – Part 2.
- Must have experience working with Sage Evolution ERP
- Conversance with project accounting and manufacturing experience would be a plus.
- Must be analytical, detail and results oriented individual.
- Must have the ability to work within strict deadlines and limited supervision
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must have an impeccable integrity and diligence.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Business Development Officer (Retail)
- Find new sales channels, domestic and international.
- Find B2B buyers, communicate and generate sales.
- Participate in events, physical and virtual.
- Meet monthly sales targets. Sales targets will be based on new sales and re-orders.
- Build and maintain a healthy pipeline of leads.
- Work together with Directors to come up with new and innovative campaigns.
- Work together with Directors to make commercial targets every month.
- Make weekly and monthly reports for the company.
- In charge of all B2B and B2C accounts. Build, manage and maintain relationships with accounts. Domestic and international.
- Keep track of orders, follow up on re-orders, and ensure the account is well served.
- Prepare sales to report for clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a business development officer for a retail store.
- Eloquent and good command of English.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g., Salesforce).
- Time management and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience working on one or more projects while simultaneously engaged in more progressively complex proposal roles.
- In-depth experience and understanding of the Kenyan market.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.