Latest Job at DanChurchAid (DCA)
Procurement & Logistics Officer
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Procurement & Logistics (ProLog) Officer to be based in Nairobi -with frequent travel to DCA Kenya and partner counties of operation. The ProLog Officer will report to the Head of Finance Support Services (HoFSS), with technical support from the HQ-based ProLog Advisor.
The main responsibilities of the ProLog Officer are:
- Ensure implementing partners and DCA staff comply with DCA and donor procurement guidelines and policies.
- Ensure that DCA and implementing partners have up-to-date procurement plans, revised quarterly.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date procurement tracker for the Country Office (CO)
- Launch, assess and ensure that CO tenders are awarded in a fair and open manner adhering to DCA and donor rules and regulations.
- Ensure that goods, services and works procured by the CO are of the right quality, in the right quantities, at the right price, delivered to the right place, at the right time (5 Rs).
- Inspect and ensure the quality of received goods, engaging technical experts where necessary.
- Review CO and partner procurement documentation for completeness and accuracy, providing timely feedback to partners, finance, programmes and administration when required.
- In coordination with the programmes team provide the required logistics support for project-related logistics.
- Compile, review and submit relevant monthly logistics reports.
- Ensure regular physical inventory checks are done of all assets and equipment, that appropriate storage conditions exist, and security of such items is ensured.
- Ensure the maintenance, management and functionality of all office equipment and assets including communication and IT items.
- Maintain and organise complete and accurate documentation and filing systems for all files (e-filing)
- Arrange the required IT support services for country office staff, from the DCA ICT Unit and/or approved external providers.
- Support budget planning of programs and project proposals with regard to logistics requirements.
- Participate in ProLog assessments of new partners, and periodic re-assessments of existing partners.
- Support partners with tender processes when requested to do or when required according to the value of the procurement.
- Train and provide ongoing support to partners in project-related procurement processes, ensuring compliance with the relevant DCA and donor guidelines.
- Undertake partner support visits on a regular basis to follow up on the quality of ProLog procedures.
- Support the CD in implementing and updating logistics aspects of the CO security plan to ensure resources and facilities are ready at all times for prevention/response and for either hibernation or evacuation.
- Monitor the security situation in DCA areas of operations and undertake risks assessments.
- Ensure the DCA CO security plan and SoPs are updated and followed by staff.
- Implement systems to improve transparency, ensuring adequate anti-fraud procedures are in place.
- Carry out regular inspections and spot-checks, to ensure the best use of country office assets and resources.
- Proactively engage with line managers in areas where there are needs for improvement, ensure good coordination and adequate information sharing, and address common concerns/problems with a goal to seek solutions
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or any related field. Equivalent relevant professional experience is also accepted.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in logistics, supply chain management, contract management, procurement or other relevant experience.
- Experience supporting team members and partners, and confident in doing so in a proactive and positive way. Proven experience with training and mentoring.
- Prior experience working with (I)NGOs and international donors such as Danida, Norad, the EU.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team skills. Should have a good sense of humour.
- Good IT skills, including MS Office, Teams and procurement software systems (DCA uses ADMIND
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proven capacity to prioritize tasks, plan and organize your own efforts to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience as a safety & security focal point, and/or in conducting security site assessments, developing SOPs and Actions On and spearheading security improvement plans
- Professional driving license.