Latest Job Opening at the British High Commission
the British High Commission
Customer Services Officer
The main purpose of the job:
Working within the Customer Help Desk in the Corporate Services Department, the role of the Help Desk Officer is to be the initial point of contact for customers and assist in logging and following up on customer queries for both Internal and External clients.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible with their working hours and have an enthusiastic and energetic personality.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To respond to requests from internal and external stakeholders by logging, responding to, and prioritising all calls that come to the Helpdesk.
- Liaising with the various corporate services sections in a timely manner, maintaining regular and accurate communication with customers on progress of maintenance or service requests whilst ensuring that all requests are processed in line with FCDO prescribed policies, and the Missions’ Corporate Services Charter.
- Day to day management of the Customer Service Help Desk mailbox, responding to straight-forward queries or directing customers to SharePoint self-help guides where appropriate.
- Assigning maintenance/ service requests to the relevant teams and coordinating with teams on responses to maintenance requests.
Identifying and prioritising maintenance/ service requests in line with agreed deadlines for completion with responsible persons and keeping customers informed of progress.
- Tracking works requests and ensuring works are completed satisfactorily in line with agreed priority timelines.
- Coordinating prompt and effective action to resolve customer problems, including delegating necessary tasks.
- Experience of delivering high quality, consistent customer service at all levels and being creative about solutions, but compliant with policies and processes.
- Extensive experience of developing good working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Investigating and solving customers’ problems, which may be complex and or long-standing.
- Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers; providing back office support to corporate services teams.
- To act as editor for the Missions’ Crisis Management Plan, ensuring that it accurately reflects current staff in Post and to ensure that all relevant contact details are kept up to date.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- 3 years Customer Service experience.
- Strong proven organisational skills – experience of working accurately to deadlines.
- Ability to use Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Ms Teams and Outlook.
- Able to work both independently and in a team, in a flexible and self-motivated manner.
- Proven record of taking responsibility and using initiative, excellent self-management.
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritise effectively.
- willingness to support colleagues when under pressure and able to contribute to cross-team working.
- The ability to initiate and maintain a wide range of working relationships.