Latest Job Openings at Embassy of The United States
Embassy of The United States
Latest Job Openings at Embassy of The United States,
Latest Job Openings at Embassy of The United States
The Embassy of the United States of America to Kenya, located in Nairobi, is home to the diplomatic mission of the United States to the Republic of Kenya. The embassy opened in central Nairobi on 2 March 1964, when the United States established diplomatic relations with Kenya.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Senior Public Health Specialist (HIV Care and Treatment Team Lead)
The job holder serves as the Team Lead, overseeing and supervising Adult HIV Testing, Care and Treatment and TB/HIV programs for HIV Service Delivery (HSD) Pillar in the Division of Global HIV&TB (DGHT), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Kenya. The job holder is a Senior Public Health Specialist responsible for leading, planning, formulating, analyzing, evaluating, and/or implementing policies for CDC Kenya’s public health programs in HIV Testing, Adult HIV Care and Treatment as well as, diagnosis and treatment of TB under PEPFAR. The job holder liaises with the CDC Kenya DGHT prevention team to ensure continuum of care goals for HIV and TB are fully met. The job holder provides technical assistance and guidance to the Kenya Ministry of Health and other national and international partners and collaborators. The position provides supervision to select public health specialists in the Pillar. Incumbent reports directly to the Associate Director HIV Service Delivery Pillar (C89201) within DGHT.
- At least five years of public health experience in the management and delivery of HIV/AIDS service delivery in Africa or other developing countries is required. These include:
- At least five years of mid- to senior-level experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating public health programs that involve coordination with MoH, policy makers, international agencies and implementing partners is required.
- At least five years of experience in leading HIV testing or Treatment or TB/HIV programs is required.
- Three to five years’ experience with operational research or implementation science.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of HIV care and treatment; epidemiology and behavioral science; stakeholder engagement; and current public health issues and approaches especially in the African public health setting, is required. An in-depth knowledge of the range of programs, policies, regulations and precedents applicable to development and administration of national/international public health program is required.
- Detailed knowledge of the host government health care system and structures (including familiarity with MOH policies, program priorities and regulations) is required.
- Good working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi- disciplinary project teams and activities is required. Must be conversant with operational research methods and with data management programs.
- Must be able to produce high-quality written reports and presentations.
- Good working knowledge of overall administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of cooperative agreements/grants is required.
- At least 5 years of work experience with the Government of Kenya, other institutes, UN Agencies, US government agencies or international NGOs in HIV, STI, TB, Malaria, or related infectious disease field. An additional 2 years of management experience is also required.
- A Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Social, Behavioral or Art Sciences is required. A Master of Public Health, Epidemiology or Health-related field is also required.
Under the direct supervision and guidance of a Maintenance Supervisor, incumbent is employed as a journeyman level Appliance Technician to carry out installations, preventive maintenance, and repairs of electrical and mechanical components for domestic appliances, commercial kitchen, laundry, and cleaning equipment, throughout the New Embassy Compound (NEC) functional/office buildings, on-compound ancillary support and residential buildings, recreational facilities, and other owned/leased properties. Position requires regularly driving a GOV (more than 25% of the time) to transport tools, equipment and materials to the job site. Incumbent serves as an incidental operator of official vehicles and meets all requirements outlined in 14 FAM 433.
A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in the building maintenance environment as an appliance technician or related trade (electrical or HVAC) is required.
- Completion of secondary school is required. Completion of vocational training program from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level Grade 1 or equivalent Certification in the electrical or mechanical (HVAC) field is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Kiswahili is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings and electronic circuit schematics, operations and maintenance manuals.
- Must have skills and abilities in the following areas: testing electrical and electronic components and taking equipment readings with various meters, hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools to determine the root cause of a problem, and the appropriate repairs.
- Possess skills and ability to disassemble and reassemble various appliances and associated equipment.
- Customer care – Must possess good communication skills and have ability to interact with customers in constructive manner.
- Must have a valid, current license for saloon cars and pick-up trucks. Must have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Responding to urgent situations in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs.
- Communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, and vendors to obtain and provide pertinent information.
- Must be able to lift loads up to 50 lbs. Job holder must be able to move large appliances and operate small tools safely. Job holder must be able to repair residential appliances and equipment, so requires dexterity of movement.
- Must be computer literate, able to use the Microsoft Office Suite software including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point; able to draft reports and create spreadsheets, and able to write e-mails and research information on the Internet.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.