Latest Jobs at Amref Kenya
Latest Jobs at Amref Kenya,
Latest Jobs at Amref Kenya
Amref Health Africa in Kenya is the country programme office of Amref Health Africa, Africa’s largest International Health NGO. This is the largest and oldest country programme in Africa with an average annual budget of USD 40million. We have 19 innovative products and project models that have successfully been implemented and transformed 5.4 million l…
Ensure effective management of the project grants by enhancing Sub grantee compliance with contractual stipulations and enforcing procedures that assure transparency in the grants processes.
- Participate in setting grant management policies, and developing and enforcing
- procedures that assure transparency in the grants processes.
- Assist in the preparation and follow up on timely release of the grants funds for approved
- grants including quarterly disbursement.
- Participate in the project’s grants accounting, reporting, compliance and risk management process.
- Carry out grants specific database maintenance and reporting and upload relevant
- reports in the Grants Management Information System (GMIS) in a timely manner.
- Representation of Amref at key stakeholder forums
Development of budget and work plan
- Review and finalize sub recipients budgets and work plans, prepare contracts/agreements and follow up on compliance.
- Receive and review periodic grants reports for sub recipients, liquidate the eligible costs and take relevant action on the expenses rendered ineligible.
- Provide timely feedback to sub recipients on grants performance.
- Handle correspondences and matters in regard to grant management in consultation with the project team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or its equivalent.
- Professional qualification in CPA (section 2) or its equivalent.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience in managing CSOs granting process, capacity building and mentoring, risk and compliance management for CSOs with diverse institutional structures.
Skills and Competences
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and attention to details
- Good organization, planning and coordination skills
- High integrity and honesty
Deadline for submission: 31st January 2023
The position will provide financial support to projects as well as ensure effective utilization of donor funds allocated to the projects. It will also ensure compliance to the various donor rules and regulations thus mitigating risks arising as a result of non-compliance to donor requirements.
- Preparation of the Financial Reports for Donors and Management.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual project performance reports.
- Preparation of any other Ad-hoc Financial Reports for management/partners.
Budgeting and Budget Monitoring
- Development of Proposal Budgets in liaison with the project teams and Senior Programme Accountant
- Preparing annual budgets in liaison with the project teams.
- Review of monthly income and expenditure statements with project teams to monitor the budget performances.
- Carry out periodic review and Reconciliations for Amref’s expenditure as well as SR’s disbursements, expenditures and Fund balances in liaison with the Grants team
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Administration, Finance, Commerce or relevant qualification
- Professional qualification – CPA (K), ACCA finalist or their equivalents
- ICT proficient, accounting and ERP software
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Three (3) years’ relevant experience
- Global Fund experience will be an added advantage
Closing date will be February 03, 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.