Latest Jobs at Nokia
Compliance Counsel – Africa
The role is responsible for the design and implementation of compliance program required for the Africa region, which is aligned to the Regional and global Compliance Strategy. The role will be accountable for promoting and monitoring world-class compliance practices within each country and will drive and embed a culture of ethics and integrity within the organization by:
- Planning and implementing various compliance programs required for the Africa market including support to Country Senior Officers (CSO)
- Delivering trusted and effective “compliance and risk management” support across the Africa market
- Supporting and delivering assurance on the effectiveness of the local compliance controls framework and business continuity and risk mitigation controls
- Gaining commitment to building a culture of compliance through effective implementation of policies, processes, localized training and support.
- Monitoring compliance with policies and processes across the site
- Working closely with local People partners and Procurement leads, region and Global Compliance officers, to coordinate effective compliance management
- Plan and implement a robust compliance Program in Africa, aligned to MEA strategy
- Collaborate with HR, Finance, Procurement and other subject matter-focused “2nd line” functions”, as well as Global, Regional and Local Compliance officers, on program design, implementation and support.
- Ensure, that effective compliance programs are in place, across the Global Policy areas.
- Influence and engage with senior leaders ensuring thorough self-awareness of the compliance issues that may impact delivery of the Corporate Strategy (financially and/or reputational).
- Develop and maintain relationships with business leaders to ensure compliance strategies and plans are understood and remain supportive of effective management oversight and action.
- Drive a robust Training and compliance communications program in the Africa market as well as support senior leaders in driving compliance.
- Embed the Global Risk Framework (CCF) in coordination with the market leadership; and implement and monitor mitigation plans.
- Act as the primary contact point and internal expert with respect to compliance matters requiring external reporting to, or inquiries made by, regulatory and law enforcement agencies.
- Ensure that appropriate training on compliance-related topics, latest policies and/or procedures is provided to managers and employees.
- Implement and oversee robust open reporting, monitoring and auditing systems to ensure the effectiveness of the region and global Compliance strategy and framework in the Africa market, and provide assurance that the highest standards of integrity and ethical behaviour are applied throughout all activities of the business.
- Identify compliance matters that require follow-up or investigation, and, as appropriate, conduct investigations, or otherwise refer issues to the appropriate internal investigating body. As appropriate, such management shall include directly investigating some complaints; overseeing the investigation of others; and partnering with Human Resources to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action.
- Support and facilitate global audit activities and ensure identified gaps/risk are remediated within an agreed timeframe.
Your Skills and Experience
- Academic degree in Law or Accounting will be preferred.
- Minimum professional experience of 10+years with at least 6+ years of relevant compliance experience.
- Experience and understanding of compliance issues confronting the industry
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational and regulatory environments
- Strong advocacy skills and sound business judgment
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with others in addressing complex issues
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong networking skills internally and externally and a team player
- It would be nice if you also have:
- Strong commercial skill set
- Analytical mindset
- Background in investigations is a plus
- Worked in a multinational company environment with good communications skill and is a strong team player
- Should be knowledgeable on FCPA, UKBA, Prevention of Corruption Act and other applicable national and international legislations
IP Resident Engineer
What you will learn and contribute to
Are you passionate about solving problems?
As part of our team, you will:
- Be part Regional IP Customer Engineering within Network Infrastructure Organization
- Be able to work closely with the Technical Manager and the Solutions Designer to ensure the best delivery of the solution as per the scope in accordance with the HLD/LLD.
- Ensure Solution configuration and integration in customer networks.
- Create acceptance Test Plan document, detail MOPs and solution test execution.
- Technical product/solution troubleshooting and assisting in technical resolution or workaround definition.
- Create and maintain customer relationship over the project life cycle and provide consultant support for technical evolutions and best practices.
- Mobility and travel abroad to be considered from 30% to 40%
- A flexible approach to work, especially when communicating with other Nokia business groups (sometimes in different time zones), is essential.
- The ability to thrive under pressure and to cope with stressful and escalation period
Your skills and experience
- Masters in Engineering or 3-5 years of experience in the telecom industry
- Deep experience in IP products and solutions such as IP/MPLS, Segment Routing, MBH, BGP, RSVP, LDP, IPv6, BNG, IPSec, VPNs, QoS, Multicast, Synchronization, Security
- Deep hands-on experience with system and network configuration, integration, SW/HW upgrades and services migration
- Knowledge of the solution integration process: testing, validation, acceptance of products
- Deep hands-on experience with system and network configuration.