Latest Jobs at Safaricom Kenya
Latest Jobs at Safaricom Kenya,
Latest Jobs at Safaricom Kenya
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Senior Manager Managed Security Services
Reporting to the Head of Department, Cyber Security, the position holder will support the Enterprise Managed Security Service Strategy, Enterprise Customer Designs, Implementations and continuous improvements.
- Architect and design security solutions for Cloud, IoT and Networks in line with best practices to ensure they meet Enterprise customer requirements.
- Lead managed security services and support to Enterprise Business Unit (EBU) Customers in designing and selling these services.
- Oversees the managed security operations centre (SOC) and the delivery of services they provide to customers.
- Coordinates with vendors/partners in solutions development and technology integration into our service delivery platform.
- Work closely with EBU product teams, security team to evaluate the viability of vendor products for the MSS and integrate products into solution plays, driving systems integration and implementation approaches.
- Drive managed security products go-to market and uptake in the Enterprise market.
- Define, analyze and periodically review the Enterprise security strategy and roadmap based on the evolving threat landscape and ensure risks identified are mitigated.
- Participate in definition of security requirements and acceptance criteria for new Enterprise customer solution.
- Draft, evaluate and respond to RFIs/RFPs.
- Liaise with Supply Chain in the procurement process of Managed Security solutions/systems.
- Participate in the technical evaluations for security systems that run Enterprise platforms.
- Participate in selection of the best solution and present to the CAPEX board.
- Ensure all vendors have up-to-date contracts (contract management).
- Implement Test, Deploy and Commission new systems for Enterprise customers.
- Develop the ‘as built’ Enterprise security solution for support handover.
- Recommend major upgrades where required and liaise with the operations team when doing the upgrades especially if it affects the design/architecture of the Enterprise support system.
- Ensure all security technology and processes implemented are continually improved to maximize on their returns/benefits.
- Manage all aspects of projects and vendor related issues in line with best practices.
- Define metrics and report periodically that clearly demonstrate value to the enterprise Customers.
- Conduct research and development/security intelligence on new areas in security and present on them for sensitization and knowledge transfer to other team members/staff.
- Ensure all Enterprise systems implemented have security, high availability and disaster recovery in accordance with best practices.
- Ensure change management and system handover processes are followed.
- Train stakeholders on the Security solutions and landscape.
- Build a Security Center of Excellence for Enterprise.
- Lead Managed Security Architects for Cloud, IoT and Enterprise Networks.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology
- Advanced professional information security certifications e.g. CISSP/CISM/CISA/GIAC/CEH/CPTP/OCSP
- Advanced Networking certifications: CCNA/CCNP/CCSP/CCIE
- Certifications in Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Certifications in the use and administration of security tools e.g. Firewalls/IDS/Content Filters/Antivirus/Ethical Hacking tools
- Certifications in virtualization technologies: VMware, HyperV, Open Stack
- Experience in Cyber Security Systems – e.g. Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, Content Filters, Security Hacking tools, Antivirus, Encryption ete.
- Experience in IT Networks and Systems Administration e.g. Cisco, Huawei, Windows, Linux, Unix etc…
- Working knowledge of web technologies e.g. cPanel, ModSecurity, Apache, PHP, Joomla, WordPress and ASP
- Working knowledge of databases e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, Postgress SQL
- Working knowledge of Virtualization Technologies e.g. VmWare, HyperV, Open Stack
- Working knowledge and experience in DevOps and Microservices technologies i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Gitlab/Github etc…
- Working knowledge of Mobile and GSM technologies e.g. Android, IOS, 2G, 3G, LTE, USSD, SS7 etc
Last Date to Apply: Jan 13, 2023
Manager HRBP– Corporate Functions
Reporting to the HR Cluster Lead – Corporate Functions, the position the role holder will be responsible for Strategic Business support on the People agenda and acts as the primary HR interface with the business leadership community. It leads the transforming people agenda by pro-actively bringing to life the Safaricom People Strategy.
The specific purpose of this role is to be a strategic partner providing professional long-term strategic guidance and operational support to meet the evolving people management needs of core Business Unit or Division it supports.
- Support the HR Cluster Lead – Corporate Functions in formulating and implementing value adding strategic HR Functional plans that deliver business results
- Support the HR Cluster Lead – Corporate Functions and in liaison with the COE colleagues to deliver best practice, customer and solution focused HR function, on:
- Recruitment, Retention and Contract Management
- Employee Inductions and Deployment
- Performance Management
- Rewards Management
- Training Needs Analysis and Capability Building
- Change Management
- Talent Management Routines and Succession Planning
- Provide professional and timely employee relations advice and guidance to managers and colleagues. Provide coaching and support as required and be comfortable influencing and challenging where appropriate.
- Interpret and provide advice on HR policy and variations across the BU or Division, supporting managers in the practical implementation of HR policies, employment legislation and best practice.
- Provide advice and guidance for disciplinary hearings and other types of hearings and where appropriate offer advice and guidance to the panel.
- Support in managing organizational change, redundancy and redeployment, in line with legislation, policy and good practice.
- Deputize for the Head/Senior HRBP as requested at Business and other strategic meetings
- Implementing of the culture initiatives.
- Deriving insights from the Surveys (SEMA)and guiding the business in doing action planning
- Degree in Business Management or related field with ideally a HND in HR
- Knowledge of HR with a minimum of deep knowledge in 2 HR practice areas
- Ideally 3-5 years’ work experience within the HR function directly in, or closely supporting, executive and/or line operations
Last Date to Apply: Jan 16, 2023
Senior Manager- HRBP Contact Centre
Reporting to the Head of HRBP Channels, the position holder will be responsible for Strategic Business Partnering, will act as an HR interface with the business leadership community, responsible for leading and supporting the transformational people agenda by pro-actively bringing to life the Safaricom People Strategy. Be part of the business/function management team on the development and implementation of business strategy with particular responsibility for the people elements. Act as a key and active member of the Division agenda and strategy, providing challenging and consulting support. Collaborating with key stakeholders to proactively identify areas where HR can add value, and lead solutions in support of strategic goals and improving organizational performance.
- Design HR strategy and business plan, which includes measuring the nature, cost and effectiveness of delivered HR solutions and a pipeline of planned interventions.
- Work with the leadership teams to establish a people agenda which underpins and supports the delivery of the business goals and drives employee engagement
- Act as chief HR consultant to the business. Coach and influence SLT leaders and other senior leaders on the implementation of corporate policies and practices related to Human resources
- Drive the HR agenda within the Division/Sub division ensuring that all people managers are equipped and able to deliver against the annual recurring people management requirements
- Take the front seat to lead change for business, anticipating and navigating the business through, from organization design through to smooth implementation.
- Proactively manage the HR Business Partner supplier interfaces (Centres of Expertise, HR Operations etc) to ensure a seamless customer experience for Leaders, People Managers and Employees
- Provide leadership to others (HRBPs) and COE dedicated resources
- Degree in Business Management or related field
- Breadth of knowledge and business acumen typically obtained from a total of 8-10 years’ work experience in a large commercial organization of which 4-5 years should be within the HR function directly in, or closely supporting, executive and/or line operations
- Minimum of 4 years in resolution of complex employee relation issues.
- Demonstrate competence in more than 2 HR technical functions
- Proven track record of managing programme / project management (including the coordination of multiple internal and external resources)
- Experience of working with corporate client groups
Last Date to Apply: Jan 16, 2023
Executive Assistant- Resources Division
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the role holder will provide administrative support and staff functions for the Chief Human Resources, consistent with the administrative policies, guidelines, and procedures of Safaricom.
Chief’s Office Management
- Manage the Chief’s Office by responding to enquiries, correspondence both telephone and written directed to Chief.
- Book all meetings for the Chief
- Organize and co-ordinate all logistics for Chief meetings (both internal & external)
- Filing of all documents and correspondence to and from the Chief’s office.
Management of Executive Staff Records
- Maintain all personnel files for the top management (GMs ,Chiefs,Directors and HODs,
- Management/custodian of ex-staff files on terminations and dismissals
- Maintain all contractor’s records
- Receive invoices from agencies and landlords
- Verify all contractors’ payments against assignment contracts and timesheets and prepare payment schedule for approval by Chief.
- Verify the Vodafone inter-company invoice related to contractor expenses before forwarding to Chief for approval.
Reports & Presentations
- Prepare and consolidate the divisional reports e.g. Annual reports, Weekly Management reports.
Meeting & Event Management
- Organize and schedule divisional meetings
- Coordinate events/projects e.g. Teambuilding, etc.
- Coordinate the Chief’s office transport & travel i.e. issue taxi vouchers, hotel accommodation
- Manage Resources Division stationary budget
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Must have graduated with an upper Second Class honors Degree from an Degree/Diploma in secretarial studies
- Overall a minimum of 8 years Administration/PA experience with at least 5 years’ experience as a Senior Personal Assistant to a Head of Department in blue chip company
- Good communication skills (written & spoken English)
- Excellent organization skills
- Experience in working in a big busy financial organization
- Team player
Last Date to Apply: Jan 16, 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.