Latest Jobs at UN-HABITAT
Programme Management Officer, Human Settlements
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to urban-rural linkages, policy, governance, legislation and metropolitan management or another specialized field. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to conduct data collection using various methods. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases. The ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in sustainable urban development, urban planning, urban policy or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
- Experience with procedures related to technical cooperation, programme/project identification/formulation/appraisal/ implementation and evaluation is required.
- Experience working in collaboration with several partners and structures at the national and local level is required.
- Experience in implementation and monitoring of Policy, Legislation and Governance work or related area in Kenya and other countries is desirable.
- Experience in Urban-Rural Linkages, Urban Policies and Governance processes at national and sub-national levels is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in English is required. Fluency in Swahili/Kiswahili is also required; Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.