New Job Opening at Kenya Red Cross Society
Kenya Red Cross Society
Human Resource Assistant
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in processing staff members’ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
- Provide advice to staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements according to the KRCS code of conduct.
- Updating our internal databases with new employee information like contact details and employment forms
- Post, update and remove job ads from job boards, careers pages and social networks
- Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and creating a Longlist of candidates;
- Organizing interviews for candidates as requested
- Informing candidates about the results of their interviews( Interview feedback)
- Support Staff Recruitment & Orientation processes including requisite HRMIS management
- Assist in staff off boarding/ clearance process; provident forms, exit interviews Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filled in appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing cheques.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Any other admin and support work as may be assigned from time to time
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree/Diploma in Human Resource Management, Business Management or any other HR related course
- Two years’ experience in HR/ Administration field
- Must be a member of IHRM
- Accuracy and detail is one of the key requirement for this role
- Able to multitask
- Target oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Computer literate with excellent communication skills and a team player
- Proactive, able to multi-task, prioritize work, meet deadlines & works effectively under pressure
Senior Human Resource Business Partner
The role is responsible for ensuring that programs and processes delivered are aligned with business strategies and HR priorities in designated Departments, Regions and business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues and is the Deputy to the Head of the department and has a supervisory role embedded into their responsibilities.
The responsibilities include delivering/managing the annual processes (e.g. Manpower Planning, Performance Management, compensation cycle, Employee Relations) and managing career events and initiatives in the employee employment cycle. The position is also responsible for advising and coaching line managers on HR core programs, processes and policies and ensure that all are implemented in a consistent manner across the Society.
The selected candidate will be required to assess and anticipate HR-related needs and have the capacity to proactively communicate and seek to develop integrated solutions together with the respective internal business units and the HR Office. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the society’s and business objectives.
Scope of the role
- Internal advisor, technical expert, strategic partner on human resources issues
- Interpretation and enforcement of human capital policies and employment regulations
- A member of the management team of the internal client i.e Assigned business unit
- Support discussions and transfer best practices from different functions in the organization Provide leadership in the people management and employee relations issues
- Ensure HR programs are delivered and aligned with Business strategies along with HR priorities
- Support the annual performance management and compensation processes in alignment with Society practices
- Coach leadership on standard talent management process and ensure development and implementation of talent practices ie succession planning, training and performance management
- Work toward standardization and consistency of approach to HR across the Society on issues relating to employee management and relations
- Keep HR processes in full compliance with the legal, regulatory and internal frameworks
- Provide HR reports and analysis for management decision including turnover, development, discipline, manpower planning e.t.c.
- Analyse trends and metrics in partnership with the HR Team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Work with teams to Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Involved on the strategy for assimilation of HR processes such as performance review, employee engagement survey, development review, merit increase etc.
- Master’s Degree preferably in Human Resources
- Seven years’ experience as a HR generalist
- Certified member of IHRM or a professional HR body & possess Certification to Practice
- Demonstrated working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and employment laws.
- Good knowledge of employment laws in Kenya
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and interface with Senior Members and Executives of KRCS and its Business Entities
- A strong sense of business ethics and literacy including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information and demonstrate an understanding of Project Management, financial Management, strategic Management, Culture and Performance Management.