New Job Openings at SNV
Junior Consultant – Digital communication & Graphic design
To enhance the communication activities of NEADAP in East Africa, SNV seeks an all-round communications professional who will support communication activities (including use of social media), photography, videography, graphic design and knowledge management activities.
More specifically, the Communications Junior Consultant is expected to join the communication team and support graphic design tasks while providing support to NEADAP partnership with the following specific activities:
- Co-develop a practical communication strategy for NEADAP
- Newsletter composition and editing
- Creation of posts related to product activities (examples: manure pilots, stakeholder meeting on forage seeds, agri-contracting etc.)
- Promotion of knowledge products from running projects (Solidaridad TZ, SNV TIDE, BRIDGE, ICSIAPL, ISLA, Agriterra) for publishing on social media or Netherlands Food Partnership (NFP) website
- Record short interviews during field visits
- Social media updating
- Assist on reporting of meetings (internally and external summaries)
- Assist product leads with creation of PowerPoints, reports, mainly focusing on the house style of NEADAP
- Development of publications and publicity materials based on SNV and NEADAP brand guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Digital media or related field
- Previous appointment in a development organisation with related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Additional training in Graphic design is desirable
- Mastery of use of Graphic Design software for production of publications and publicity materials
- Mastery of English language (verbal and written)
- Good proofreading and writing skills
- Extensive knowledge of use and management of social media channels for corporates
- Creative, solutions-oriented and a real team player
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Willing to learn new things or take direction and comes up with new ideas or solutions on how to improve the team
Internship Opportunity – Procurement
To support the procurement function, SNV Kenya is seeking an intern to support with the day-to-day procurement activities for the organization.
The position holder is expected to adhere to the SNV procurement policy while undertaking the following specific activities:
- Support with the day-to-day procurement requests for various projects across the organization.
- Source for quotations and negotiate with suppliers in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Receive and evaluate quotations from suppliers and make recommendations for award.
- Prepare Purchase Orders in line with SNV Kenya policy and send dully approved copies to all the relevant parties.
- Coordinate delivery of goods from vendors and dispatch to various SNV offices.
- Ensure timely delivery of items from various vendors and dispatch to various SNV Kenya country offices.
- Support with carrying out basic due diligence checks for suppliers.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors are made on time.
- Any tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in procurement /supply chain management
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili; written and oral.
- Intermediate /advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Some previous experience in procurement not required but preferred
- Experience in SAP By Design preferred
- A fast thinker with creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and be accountable for results.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-starter
- A person of integrity