Quality Assurance Officer Job at Premier Hospital
Quality Assurance Officer
- Plan and facilitate documentation of quality objectives, environmental aspects, environmental management plans and objectives in departments
- Maintain all documentation related to Quality, Environment, Food Safety, Occupational Health and Safety programs in the hospital
- Track progress in implementation of quality, environment, food safety, occupational health and safety objectives in departments
- Liaise with HODs and ensure that the departmental polices and other standard operating procedures are reviewed and approved appropriately, and the hospital repository is updated
- Develop quality systems training and awareness schedule for departments to facilitate continual quality improvement with International standards for excellence in healthcare services
- Organize and facilitate quality systems internal audits by documenting preparations, assignments schedules and notifications
- Collate findings and document quality systems audit reports
- Maintain all certification schedules for accreditation, re-accreditation and internal audits
- Conduct/ review food safety hazard analysis along the food chain and document prerequisite programs, operational prerequisite programs and critical control points including monitoring systems
- Design and review on continuous basis EMS, food safety, occupational health and safety inspections checklists
- Ensure regulatory occupational health and safety risk assessments, fire audits, health and safety audits and incidents/accident reports to DOHSS
- Participate in drills to tests hospital emergency plans and identify improvement needs
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Research Methods, Nursing, Public Health, Health Management or Quality Management or any health-related field.
- Knowledge of Safecare Accreditation Processes
- A certificate in ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditors course will be an added advantage.
- Proof of being a member of a Quality Management System Committee in a Hospital Set up
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Experience in using statistical or qualitative software packages.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & BEHAVIOURS
- Must be self-motivated, energetic, able to solve problems and work in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and a history of excellent attendance with the ability to work independently.
- Superior Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- High standards of professional ethics
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the position being applied, your current and expected remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to email@example.com. The application should be received not later than 5.00pm on 19th December 2022. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted