Relationship Manager Job – Absa Workplace Banking at Absa Bank Limited
Absa Bank Limited
Relationship Manager Job – Absa Workplace Banking at Absa Bank Limited,
Relationship Manager Job – Absa Workplace Banking at Absa Bank Limited
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
Relationship Manager – Absa Workplace Banking
To advise customers and process banking transactions accurately and timeously through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- To manage and sustain a portfolio of Corporate Companies that have been signed up onto AWB , building long-term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for employees. This is achieved particularly through delivery off Personal banking solutions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
- The primary objective is to make Absa Bank Kenya PLC the Bank of choice for all the employees in the portfolio of companies by managing the marketing and distribution of financial solutions to employees in their portfolio companies at their place of work on a regular and consistent basis with an objective of increasing the product uptake by the employees.
- The jobholder will additionally be responsible for business development in their portfolio of companies, increase market share by increasing the product holding by employees in the company hence maximize EP portfolio contribution.
- Manage relationships in their chosen companies ensuring we realize full value from the portfolio companies.
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Business Development – 60%
- Own the end-to-end process of product origination to fulfillment in their portfolio of companies consistently reviewing process and procedures and working with other stakeholders to implement any required process changes.
- Undertake appropriate promotional and public relations activity, in the companies in their portfolio. Managing marketing communication in their portfolio companies.
- To own the assigned sales team and drive delivery of targets through AWB value proposition.
- To work with Scheme Loans administration team to ensure timely invoicing and repayment of loans taken. Will take responsibility for any non-repayment of loans with a target on provisions/arrears for loans in their portfolio companies.
- Pick and follow up any non-repayment issues in their portfolio of companies ensuring timely remediation.
- Communication with the Direct sales teams and branches on the product offering and requirements for companies in their portfolio
- Manage Product/Proposition briefs to the assigned branches and direct sales teams.
- Identify and implement loyalty programs for employees in companies in their portfolio.
- To achieve the AWB product range penetration in allocated companies and new acquisitions.
- With the Retail Credit team, conduct review of customers’ borrowing facilities (and interim review if customer circumstances [risk profile] dictate.
- Consult customer owners/managers on financial/credit issues and general business practice/ideas.
- Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes. Calculating the most appropriate means of communicating them to customers.
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customer’s needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
- Plan and co-ordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop existing relationships. Co-ordinate approaches to the portfolio by businesses across the Group.
- Act as the contact and liaison point for the companies in their portfolio and arrange for sales and marketing activities in their portfolio of companies.
- Act as the point of escalation and resolution for issues from the sales teams in relation to their portfolio of companies.
- To take continuous responsibility for the quality of work coming from companies in their portfolio and ensure a professional disposition.
- To pro-actively generate, implement, and manage quality Sales Activities in the allocated companies working with direct sales team leaders.
- Provide sales performance updates for management information use.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
- Identify needs for customers in their portfolio create and a target list for potential new business.
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Prioritization Guidelines to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Support product s applications for KIBs in their portfolio companies working with internal stakeholders to ensure timely and favorable deliver of required products.
- Recruitment of new companies into the scheme arrangement with bank with full documentation provided.
- Re-activating companies from Blacklist after solving the issues that led to blacklist to ensure more business is captured.
- Actively participate in undertaking snap checks as and when assigned.
- Pro-actively look out for issues that can lead to impairment in portfolio companies and ensure resolution as and when they arise.
Relationship Management & Service – 30%
- Implement initiatives that drive excellent relationship management, customer satisfaction levels and engagements with companies that drive revenue generation.
- To pro-actively ensure that a quality Relationship Management Calling Plan is in place for every allocated and acquired relationship.
- Own and find resolutions for customer complaints.
- Ensure adherence to service standards for clients.
- Ensure compliance & adheres to relevant company and regulatory requirements to achieve satisfactory grades in local & Group Audits
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Bank Kenya PLC Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
Technical skills / Competencies
- Service Excellence.
- Relationship Management
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Selling & influencing skills
- Strong team leadership
- Personal organization and initiative e.g. diary management
- Business Awareness
- Business Management
- Team-working: building and developing high performance
- P C Skills
- Networking skills
- Drive for results.
- Quality, high standards and controls.
- Coaching and training
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Decision making
- Presentation and facilitation skills
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- The jobholder will be required to have a detailed knowledge of the core set of Retail Products.
- For products, a good knowledge will be required sufficient to:-
- Recognize the changing needs of the customer.
- Identify products/service that best satisfies customer need.
- Introduce the products/services in their portfolio companies.
- Co-ordinate the introduction of the relevant products.
- Deal with customers directly as required.
- A good knowledge of the products & services available in the Personal Sector is also required to satisfy the individual financial needs of business owners/key individuals.
- The jobholder will require a broad understanding of policies and strategies across the Group as they relate to the demands of the customer base.