Vacancies at International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee
Vacancies at International Rescue Committee,
Vacancies at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Sexual and Reproductive Health Design Lead
- SRH GRIP Innovation Technical Support
- Provide ongoing technical support to the GRIP lead on the innovation components of the GRIP strategy, contribute to proposals, provide budgets and workplans for proposed work, socialize user-centred design within the GRIP and with collaborators.
- Ensure UCD tools and solutions are fit-for-purpose: Tailor the GRIP’s UCD practices, activities, and outputs to our contexts and our colleagues’ bandwidth across all stages of design including: design research, exploratory work, solutions landscape, prototype development and testing, and synthesis.
- Solution generation and design: Guide the team in considering solutions based on existing evidence, user research, scalability, and market analysis. This may entail analogous inspiration, prompts and ideation activities, collaboration with Behavioral Science colleagues to create behavioral maps, creation of prioritization frameworks, facilitation of brainstorms on potential scaling pathways, and syntheses of key informant interviews.
- Prototype Creation: Connect the dots between user research, evidence, and expert direction from the team, and generate testable prototypes. Examples of prototypes include low-fidelity print outs, clickable mockups, sample messages, high fidelity mock-ups of service experience, user journeys, and illustrations to test for understanding.
- Prototype testing: Work with the team to test prototypes with key users and collaborators (remotely through colleagues and/or in person where possible).
- Final assets: Ensure final assets are of high quality, print ready, and implementation ready. Sample outputs include insights from the initial user research, product strategy, program feedback, program implementation, solution storyboards, and final program recommendations. Ensure the narrative between the design phases are concise, easy to understand, and compelling.
- Facilitation and Buy-In: Facilitate participatory workshops remotely or in person. Create agendas for validation, prepare materials like miro boards and presentations that are accessible and engaging to collaborators. Ensure sessions are interactive, recognize the experience and interests of collaborators, and get buy-in from collaborators. Use language and meeting norms that are culturally appropriate.
- Project resource management: Propose human resources for projects; hire, train, and oversee consultants; manage budgets and workplans; project workforce commitments.
- Piloting: Co-create instruction guides for using and implementing final assets, partner with the monitoring and evaluation team to draft questions to be answered during the piloting phase, and adapt the final assets and guides after the pilots based on feedback from the research conducted by the M&E/project team.
- Led 12-20 non-digital UCD research projects in low resource settings
- Led 10 – 18 non-digital prototyping development and testing projects
- Led 10 – 18 projects in rural contexts in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Technical background in Sexual & Reproductive Health
- Demonstrated success in doing UCD with cross-disciplinary teams
- Ability to design digital tools like mini websites, Whatsapp tools, cash transfer services
- Demonstrated ability to develop proposals, budgets, workplans, workforce tracking tools, spending plans
- Has recruited and managed UCD talent in contexts where the IRC works
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including creating compelling, jargon-free, and easy-to-follow presentations on UCD processes
Demonstrated Skills And Competencies
- Alignment: Strong commitment to and knowledge of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, including stigmatized service areas such as abortion and for under-served populations such as people living in crises, adolescents, and people with disabilities.
- Visual Design: Create and provide technical feedback on visual tools, including donor-facing presentation decks, storyboards, and mock branding for prototypes.
- Design tool creation: Create provide technical feedback on design tools and activities for low literacy/numeracy clients, interview guides, mock-ups of physical products, and high/low prototypes of products, digital products, and services.
- Qualitative Research: Create and provide technical feedback on guides for semi-structured interviews and focus group discussions; create card sort exercises and user guides; documentation and synthesis of qualitative research
- Communication: Empathetic, respectful, and culturally sensitive verbal, written, and visual communication skills. Ability to communicate design concepts and activities effectively and clearly with non-design colleagues. Seeks out and incorporates feedback into their work.
- Flexibility: Create contingency plans and is able to adjust quickly and with good humour when things don’t go according to plan
- English written and oral fluency
- French and/or local languages spoken in Northern Nigeria, East Africa, or South Sudan are preferred
Regional Supply Chain Coordinator
The Regional Supply Chain Coordinator is a key role that will help drive excellence in the assigned region. The role will focus on building country supply chain capacity through focused capacity building initiatives identified by using various supply chain analytics and developing strategic approaches in country programs. This role is intended to develop emerging supply chain talent for future leadership positions in IRC Global Supply Chain & thus will be exposed to several significant, stretch assignments with management & leadership dimensions.
This meaningful role will support 2 IRC regions and thus provides a breadth of experience across 2 regional contexts. Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Supply Chain data analysis and reporting monitoring and analysis of risks, compliance and performance, and support to internal audit corrective action plan
- Capacity building and development of teams across all country program supply chain function, aligned with the Supply Chain Learning & Development model, and mostly on the job training during country visit
- Provide Tactical & Operational Country Program support focussed on improving & enabling better program delivery through impactful supply chains ex. strengthening strategic sourcing, improving procurement, demand & supply planning practices, embedding performance & risk management routines, supporting scale up of country programs, introducing improvements to ensure on time supply & services delivery, improving and optimising warehousing practices, fleet management and asset management,
This role reports in to 2 RSC Directors in a matrixed reporting model & will require an ability to coordinate and work within the established parameters of the IRC management in partnership model that governs such reporting arrangements.
- At least 5 years of supply chain management experience leading a supply chain team or regional role in a nonprofit organization.
Proven Skills and Proficiencies:
- Supply chain functional knowledge & expertise including fragile contexts.
- In depth knowledge of aid sector supply chain policies & processes; donor regulations, compliance & regulatory frameworks.
- Project management experience
- People management & team management experience at skilled practitioner level.
- Training & coaching skills.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and digital technology savvy.
- Data analysis experience
- Knowledge of Health SCM
- Education: Degree level or equivalent supply chain & management certifications
- Language Skills: Fluency required in English
Preferred experience & skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
- Strong interpersonal and time-management skills; consistent record of prioritizing and delivering on time
- Can work independently and in a multifaceted, cross-functional distributed team structure
- Shown ability to work effectively with team members at all levels
- Strong organizational change skills
- Applications from a diverse group of candidates are encouraged
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.