Latest Jobs at Safal Group
Latest Jobs at Safal Group.
Latest Jobs at Safal Group
The company opened its first manufacturing facility in Mombasa, Kenya, in 1962, rapidly widening its reach to include further countries in East Africa, and then Southern Africa. In 2003, all operating companies were reversed into the current holding company called Safal Investments Mauritius Limited and conduct its business across Africa as the Safal Group
Key Performance Areas:
- Carry out Scheduled Plant Maintenance works on mechanical equipment in order to minimize plant breakdowns.
- Carry out equipment installation, refurbishment and modifications of mechanical plant to specification and on time.
- Prompt execution of corrective maintenance tasks/handling of equipment breakdowns.
- Preventive Maintenance Checks and reporting of abnormalities.
- Safe handling and of Tools and equipment provided.
- Maintain tidiness and general good housekeeping in plant & equipment.
- Bearing servicing and maintenance.
- Pipework, valves, pumps and motors installation.
- Use of a wide range of engineering tools & techniques to maintain and repair production plant machinery and equipment to operational standards.
- Use precision measuring instruments to check parts for accuracy, alignment and fit.
- Carry out planned maintenance checks and responding to emergency breakdowns in the plant.
- Finding and fixing faults – identification and replacement of defective or worn out mechanical components equipment and modifications.
- Housekeeping of the work area and machinery according to MRM standards.
- KCSE and a craft certificate in Engineering or Trade Test Certificate
- At least 5 years relevant experience in plant maintenance in heavy manufacturing settings
- Knowledge in 5K and Autonomous Maintenance will be an added advantage
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop and implement the overall mechanical works strategy for the mechanical maintenance
- Identify gaps in the mechanical processes and implement strategies to close gaps, improve equipment reliability, sustainability and reduce maintenance costs
- Prepare drawings of the mechanical equipment parts in AUTOCAD software.
- Ensure mechanical installations for the plant conform to approved standards to eliminate breakdowns
- Implement and manage projets to improve equipment and safety performance, sustainability to reduce cost
- Ensure that all mechanical equipment are installed and functional to support the production team
- Scheduling and assigning work to meet maintenance completion dates, undertake effective planning and prioritisation of workload whenever necessary
- Works closely with operations team in providing solutions to problems and advice on technical issues
- Analyse all machine failures (breakdown, unplanned corrective maintenance) and implement corrective measures to prevent re-occurrence of failures and safety incidents
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) when required in line with the agreed format
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and to make recommendations to maintenance team
- Supervise, guide and review activities of staff under your supervision in the structure on technical duties
- Inspection of work performed by outside contractors to ensure it meets management expectations as per the scope of the work assigned
- Ensure observance of safety rules, regulations and practices
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering- Plant Option
- Good knowledge of AUTOCAD software for designing.
- Minimum 8 years experience in similar position in a busy manufacturing company
- Knowledge in RCA methodology
- Posses good knowledge in identifying and managing spare parts
- Good working knowledge of machines in process industry, hydraulics and pneumatics is desirable.
- Computer proficiency especially in PM module in SAP – ERP.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings as well as use of Auto CAD.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit right leadership.
Quality Assurance Technician
Overall Purpose of the Position
- Perform testing and inspections of materials as per laid down procedures.
- Perform analysis of raw material, in process consumables, semi-finished and finished materials.
- Prepare and circulate QA shift reports as per established plans
Key Performance Areas
- Inspect and test raw material in processes and finished products against specifications and give usage decision.
- Carry out internal standardization of equipment for quality checks.
- Identify and liaise with production for the classification and segregation of non-conforming material at the production lines.
- Observe finished goods handling and identify practices likely to cause damage to the material.
- Inspect transport vessels (trucks and containers) to ascertain their condition prior to loading/stuffing with finished goods.
- Handover of finished and semi-finished products to respective storage location.
- Correct labelling of products as per their material classification.
- Perform housekeeping in line with 5K standards and EHS policy.
- Give timely feedback to production on quality inspection results.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Minimum Diploma – Diploma in Chemical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized learning institution
- Minimum of 2 years’ Quality Assurance work experience.
Additional/specific work requirements:
- Good understanding of SAP QM Module
- Good knowledge of Manufacturing Quality practices.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.